Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
I'm thinking about buying one of these but I'm not familiar with the maker . Do they make quality weapons or junk ?  TIA
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You will hear mixed reviews on the manufacturer, Special Weapons. The owner, Todd, is a hot head and hates everyone that has an issue with his guns. I have 3 of his guns and I am very happy with them. My SW45 shoots near perfect and is actually quite accurate too. Mine is the early cast receiver version with the full 16" barrel. I say near perfect, because I maybe have a feeding hangup 1 in 100 or so, and it's magazine related.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Run Forrest!

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
OMG !!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you call 'Everyone who has come in contact with them thinks he's an asshole and his shit is junk' vs 'HE says he's buying HK, (or as he calls it, Hk) and PDs worldwide are buying SW-5s because MP5s are crap, according to him' mixed reviews, then I suppose there are mixed reviews on SW.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd heard all of the horror stories about Todd at SW but I couldn't afford a real HK.  So I bought a cast SW5 from a local gun store about a year and a half ago.  It shot reliably, was accurate and had almost zero recoil.  No complaints with the product.  Todd can be hard to deal with at times and then suddenly fine for your next exchange with him.  Its weird.

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is this even posted in the H&K forum? SW is not H&K, this and all other SW posts should be moved to the General Firearms Section.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I was at the Small Arms Review Show a couple of weeks ago talking to the HK guys. Someone mentioned to them that they had seen Todd Bailey walking around the show. The HK guys begged for him to be found and sent over to their booth so that they could have some not so kind words with him.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why is this even posted in the H&K forum? SW is not H&K, this and all other SW posts should be moved to the General Firearms Section.

There isn't an HK clone board so this one is most applicable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Because I saw other posts on SW's in here and thought this was as good a place as any since it's an HK clone. Don't get your panties in a twist!

Thanks to rest of you for passing on some knowledge to me about the company . I'm gonna pass on it .

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I won't defend Todd, but maybe some of you dyed in the wool HK guys can reccomend this fellow to buy HK's MP5/94 style civilian .45 that they make...oh, wait...they don't. Try the USC...it has the ergonomics of a 2x4 with a square pistol grip that fits right if you are a giant.

Just my $0.02......again:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top