Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 12:47:05 PM EDT
Are the STGs that are available at Buds gunshop the latest versions.  Would you guys deal with Buds or Ratworx?  Buds seems to be a little cheaper but not enough to really matter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought from Ratworx.  They are good to go.  

Bud's is great as well.

Pick one and go for it.

Max
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Bud's is good to go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are the STGs that are available at Buds gunshop the latest versions.  Would you guys deal with Buds or Ratworx?  Buds seems to be a little cheaper but not enough to really matter.

We've had folks here who have purchased from both and so far so good. I haven't read a single complaint about either and have read compliments about both here.

A member recently posted here that the STG 556 he purchased from Bud's was an 8xxx serial number so that was well within the final generation with the new extractor and the square receiver lock.  If both are close on price I'd see which one could give you a better deal on shipping. Also I have read that Ratworx is offering some amazing deals on magazines so just FYI on that.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Being that Ratworx is giving us such a great price on mags.....I'd go with them as a Thank You...quick shipping too. And don't forget they have the Pelican cases for under $200. Sweet  
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've had folks here who have purchased from both and so far so good. I haven't read a single complaint about either and have read compliments about both here.

A member recently posted here that the STG 556 he purchased from Bud's was an 8xxx serial number so that was well within the final generation with the new extractor and the square receiver lock.  If both are close on price I'd see which one could give you a better deal on shipping. Also I have read that Ratworx is offering some amazing deals on magazines so just FYI on that.  

What type FH is on the 8xxx serial number STG's?  I bought one from Buds and the FH is not the tulip.  I am new to the MSAR rifles.  Thx!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type FH is on the 8xxx serial number STG's?  I bought one from Buds and the FH is not the tulip.  I am new to the MSAR rifles.  Thx!!

As far as I know the Jagdkommando flash hider was only placed on GEN 3 rifles, which was the last run before the forward assist was removed from the design and the stock was made to accommodate AUG magazines as well as MSAR made magazines. It's possible though that they decided to mount some Jagdkommando flash hiders to newer rifles if they had spares laying around instead of making new tulip flash hiders.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Is yours a get 4 with the Jagdkommando flashider ? (Square lock, no forward assist ?)
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is yours a get 4 with the Jagdkommando flashider ? (Square lock, no forward assist ?)

Yes, it appears so.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know the Jagdkommando flash hider was only placed on GEN 3 rifles, which was the last run before the forward assist was removed from the design and the stock was made to accommodate AUG magazines as well as MSAR made magazines. It's possible though that they decided to mount some Jagdkommando flash hiders to newer rifles if they had spares laying around instead of making new tulip flash hiders.

Thank you for the information.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm waiting for Bud's to get some E4's in, otherwise I'll just order from Ratworx soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top