Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 6:08:44 PM EDT
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I am going to purchase one (many) of these fine rifles very soon and would like to see if anyone would be open to making a recommendation on which model I should purchase based on a few requirements I would like to have with the weapon.

I understand Mictotech has developed an E4 version, which has several features that appeal to me.

I like the ability of this version to accept AR magazines, as well as the update to the pistol grip (finger groove).

Question: With this particular version, am I able to get it with the standard 1.5x optic, with the option of adding a flat optic rail in the future?

Question: If so, are there variations of this top optic rail?

I have seen many members posted pictures of this variation with varying degrees of top optic rails.

I do not like the extended rail version, but would like to add the lower rail version (the version mounts extremely close to the receiver).

Question: It this lower optic rail a possibility with the E4 version?

Question: Will the forward bolt assist be absent from the version (E4)? I do not wish to have that feature.

Any help or guidance you can give on which generation weapon will meet my requirements will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to owning several of the Microtech weapons in the coming months.

Thanks,
Jason

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2009 6:23:50 PM EDT by Tomac]
Originally Posted By Jay-Bird:
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I am going to purchase one (many) of these fine rifles very soon and would like to see if anyone would be open to making a recommendation on which model I should purchase based on a few requirements I would like to have with the weapon.

I understand Mictotech has developed an E4 version, which has several features that appeal to me.

I like the ability of this version to accept AR magazines, as well as the update to the pistol grip (finger groove).

Question: With this particular version, am I able to get it with the standard 1.5x optic, with the option of adding a flat optic rail in the future?

** Yes.

Question: If so, are there variations of this top optic rail?

**The std STG has a shorter/taller optic rail. The E4 has the longer/lower optic rail that's most like the height of a flattop AR.

I have seen many members posted pictures of this variation with varying degrees of top optic rails.

I do not like the extended rail version, but would like to add the lower rail version (the version mounts extremely close to the receiver).

Question: It this lower optic rail a possibility with the E4 version?

**Yes. If you go w/the factory optic now you can purchase the E4 optic rail later (like I did for my STG's).

Question: Will the forward bolt assist be absent from the version (E4)? I do not wish to have that feature.

**Yes. The E4 doesn't have the FA.  
Any help or guidance you can give on which generation weapon will meet my requirements will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to owning several of the Microtech weapons in the coming months.

Thanks,
Jason

HTH, keep us posted!...
Tomac
Here's a pic of one of my STG's w/the E4 optic rail installed:

Here's an earlier pic of one of my STG's w/the original factory STG optic rail:

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:31:09 PM EDT
That is exactly what I am looking for!

I like that set up. Nice Weapon.

Thanks for the information.

Jason
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:27:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jay-Bird:
That is exactly what I am looking for!
I like that set up. Nice Weapon.
Thanks for the information.
Jason

Thx! And you're welcome! Keep us posted!...
Tomac

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:42:41 AM EDT
20" E4 with Eotech XPS sight.

The E4 takes most AR mags.  Magpul and GI mags work great.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:50:47 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:09:42 AM EDT
Thanks for the picture. I actually saved your variation as a point of reference regaridng the set up I would like.

Very nice weapon. Thanks a lot.
Top Top