Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 6:51:57 AM EDT
Does anyone know if SP1's ever came from the factory with the round ribbed A2 handguards instead of the characteristic triangular ones?  I've looked at Biggerhammer and searched on this site and came up empty.  If they did not come from the factory like that, would anyone know of a good place to buy original Colt SP1 handguards?  I appreciate any info/help anyone can offer.  Thanks.

Cloak-
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, the SP1's always had the triangular handguards. Gunshows are a good source for replacements & oyu might try looking in Gun List & Shotgun News newspapers for ads & website addresses. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Bob.  The quest for original handguards begins!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently purchased a complete new Colt M-16A1 upper from CDNN. It must have been a foreign contract run since the receiver had a black finish. It also came with round (A2 type) hand guards. Otherwise it was indentical to the M16A1's I was issued in the USMC. I bought M-16A1 furniture from Northridge. The upper has been de-eviled and put on a RRA lower.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply, Sukebe, I'll give Northridge a try in my seemingly endless search for triangle handguards.  I've been looking all over the net for the past hour to no avail.  I just posted in the "Wanted to Buy" section here, so maybe it'll pan out after all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked at Northridge last week and they didn't advertise the M-16A1 stock sets anymore. They did have the butt stocks. I got mine about a month or so ago used for $19.00. It is used but in good condition, no cracks, or chips.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Try DPMS or CheaperThanDirt...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I just saw several sets at the gunshow for $10 a set... used but good. They were at the Sherluk booth... see what they have to say. They seemed like good people, and they had loads of parts in their inventory. I bought a set of M4 handguards from them.

www.sherluk.com/

FITTER out
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen them here on the equipment exchange and also from time to time on Ebay.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]
cheaperthandirt.com
fultonarmory.com
northridgeinc.com

I just bought a set at the show here in Houston and put them on last week.  I installed them over my float tube, so took some serious sanding, but well worth the work!!  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Try Jeff at CMMG. I just bought some triangular handguards from him. He advertises in Equipment Exchange on this board.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the help guys!  Just picked up a new set of Colt handguards from Fulton Armory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top