Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 8:47:47 PM EDT
A few friends of mine own SKS’ and I was wondering if there were any stocks that would make an SKS’ look more like an AK.  With a pistol grip and fixed stock, I’ve seen folding stocks for the SKS but would prefer a fixed stock similar to an AR-15 A2 stock.  The stock can be made from Synthetics or wood, doesn’t really matter.  Any ideas?

Are there any legal issues I should know about putting a pistol grip on an SKS in CA?  Thanks for the help.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Most all of the aftermarket stocks for the SKS are crap.  I had the folding stock POS from the company that makes all the common SKS stocks, and they're all junk.  I believe they call em ATI Fiberforce stocks.  Total trash...

The only stock I would recommend is the Choate Dragunov-Style stock.  It is very nice, although it costs around $75.  Very happy with it.  The ATI drag-style stock is a big fat POS by the way, don't waste your money on it.  Get the Choate one...

Here's a pic of mine with my AKs
http://www.inter-scape.com/ray/weaps.gif
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
i feel the same, the Choate Dragunov-Style stock is the best i've tried. i didn't like the original chinese wooden stock, it was too short. i bought one of the 'non-folding' stocks, the triger pull was too long. i bought a ram-line monte carlo. fit great, good length, but again. the trigger pull was too long. belive it or not, i kept pinching my finger between the trigger and the trigger guard. (i have short fingers)

so, i love the Choate Dragunov-Style stock, no pinched finger anymore.

if anybody wants a non-folding pistol grip stock or the ram line monte carlo. shoot me a email.
[email protected]

cb

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top