Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 9:30:06 PM EDT
Pictures from my weekend of fun in Albany, Oregon. I took a liking to suppressed weapons this time instead of the usual belt-feds and tommy guns. I did get to play with a genuine Glock 18C (not a modified Glock 17). That was a blast! (pun intended)

All suppressors are made by Gemtech

Here is a Taurus PT-92 with a Vortex-9 suppressor:

Colt 9mm AR-15 with Raptor:

True Colt M4 (full-auto) with M4-96D Suppressor:

Rem 700 PSS with TPR-S and Ruger 77/22 with Outback:

Me and the PSS next to the Barrett 82A1:

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking iron...

Ahh bragger.

Sorry, I could not resist.

My jealousy is showing.

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
some people get to have all the fun, you are shooting supressed full autos and I am out firing beat up mossbergs.   is ear protection really neccesary for those guns?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
some people get to have all the fun, you are shooting supressed full autos and I am out firing beat up mossbergs.   is ear protection really neccesary for those guns?

Yup... but this event was open to the public to rent a lot of these guns (although the ones pictured are owned by me or my friends, and our local Class III dealer) Maybe they have a similar event in your area.

As for the ear protection... no it isn't required when firing only suppressed weapons (which we did for a half-hour) but most of the day we had unsuppressed belt feds and full-autos blazing around us.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So DarkHelmet when are you going to drop some coin in supressors of your own?

Do you actually live in Seattle?

I've given serious thought to getting ummmmmm "one", but I do know that our Chief of Police has refused to sign off on them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I heard you had a lot of fun with the TPR-S...

I also understand that the WSI team "kicked much a**" in the subgun and assault rifle matches.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So DarkHelmet when are you going to drop some coin in supressors of your own?

I've already dropped "coin" to the tune of $900.00 on a can (counting transfer tax and cost for a threaded barrel). Just waiting for my tax stamp now.

Do you actually live in Seattle?

No... but close

I've given serious thought to getting ummmmmm "one", but I do know that our Chief of Police has refused to sign off on them.

Form a corporation. That's what I did because my cheif wouldn't sign either(read: T-O-O-L). Check out Subguns.com and TitleII.com For info on how to form a corp and what some of the pro's and con's are to going the corproate route.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, I heard you had a lot of fun with the TPR-S...

Yes.... always make sure that you properly install the suppressor on the end of your rifle.... otherwise it becomes a very expensive "rifle grenade" as the pressure fires it down range about 10 yards.

I also understand that the WSI team "kicked much a**" in the subgun and assault rifle matches.

Ah yes.... which is odd because we only get to play with full-auto's twice a year, and otherwise train with semi-auto.... yet somehow we go to Oregon and clean house at the competitions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey dark helmet, when are events like this held?
I would love to go to something like this, being in the northwest area in all.

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
That looks like alot of fun
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
otherwise it becomes a very expensive "rifle grenade" as the pressure fires it down range about 10 yards.

That could be disastrous, from a legal standpoint,  seeing how the BATF(and other miscellaneous taxable items) considers any part of a suppressor to be a suppressor - if you blew one up - you could all of a sudden be guilty of possessing 347 unregestered suppressors. Physical injury, mayhem, and death could be the least of your worries.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
so you didn't 'tac out' at the range?  that was your thread wasn't it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey dark helmet, when are events like this held?
I would love to go to something like this, being in the northwest area in all.

Twice a year at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. Usually May and December. Bring $200.00 for renting machine guns as the event is $12.00 per day to participate in shooting and the guns run about $10-$20 per mag/belt depending on gun type and capacity.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
so you didn't 'tac out' at the range?  that was your thread wasn't it?

Yes... that was me... and no... I didn't bring any of the tac-gear.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup... but this event was open to the public to rent a lot of these guns (although the ones pictured are owned by me or my friends, and our local Class III dealer) Maybe they have a similar event in your area.
quote]
I live in CA so theres no Full Auto shoots here but if I am lucky there might be a gun buy back event thats about the only gun events we have around here!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Where's the M82's suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Does such a thing exist??? A suppressed .50 would be uber!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does such a thing exist??? A suppressed .50 would be uber!!

ON SALE!!! For only $1,475.00 you too can have one!

www.impactguns.com/store/awc_turbodyne.com  

Top Top