Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:48:53 AM EDT
LINK

Has anyone ever used this?  It looks very tempting as you can adapt it to a gun with or without a light.  I am looking for something that has at least some retention without having to re-snap a thumb break every time I put the gun back in.

Does anyone else have recommendations for a holster that has some retention without the use of the thumb break?

Thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
what about a 6004.  super fast and secured.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it secured by anything other than the hood?  I mean that I'd like the holster to grab pretty well if I just reholster my weapon and not re-engauge the thumb break / hood.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]

That's a nice looking holster but looking at some of their other gear, I htink you could find a better price else where...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's a nice looking holster but looking at some of their other gear, I htink you could find a better price else where...

Their prices are in Canadian dollars...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]
looks air-softy to me but YMMV
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
looks air-softy to me but YMMV

....?  airsofty?  Is that even a word?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is it secured by anything other than the hood?  I mean that I'd like the holster to grab pretty well if I just reholster my weapon and not re-engauge the thumb break / hood.

It is secured primarily via the locking hood.  There is also a tensioning device near the trigger guard which will "hold" the gun more securely.   You can make it tight , but you won't be as fast.   I have mines set kinda loose.    As far as thigh rigs go, you're almost always gonna have some kind of hood (read retention device), otherwise your gun will fall out.    Shit, I've seen guns still fall out even with the thumb break secured  but never w/ a 6004.  

If you get a chance to try a 6004 you should.  It is super fast to disengage and engage the hood.  It's the best thigh rig IMO.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
So does the 6004 have a thigh rig setup? I haven't seen any outside of the holster driven kind...maybe I am looking in the wrong places?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their prices are in Canadian dollars...

That's good to know...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have to agree with the recommendation for the Safariland 6004 holster. I use the 6004 on my thigh shroud for SWAT and and the same style of Safariland on my duty belt. On 1 Oct 2005 I was involved in a fight with two subjects that attempted to disarm me during the course of a 4.5 minute fight. Long story short, my gun remained in the holster, the main actor received approximately 30 staples to his head, and my hand was broken several times over. Point being...this holster, and my training, saved my life. I am a firm believer in Safariland products and their customer service is first rate.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#12]
the holster in the link is made by Eagle ind.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So does the 6004 have a thigh rig setup? I haven't seen any outside of the holster driven kind...maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

Here you go, a whole page full.

www.safariland.com/duty/dtholsters.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top