Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/30/2005 8:02:51 PM EDT
When registering a SBR, is the reciever the registered part or is the whole gun logged at the time? In other words, could I register one AR lower and have uppers in both 9mm and .223?
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:54:27 AM EDT
Rec. is the controlled part.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 8:55:09 PM EDT by MOD4SA]
Do you request SBR permit prior to ordering lower? Also if you get SBR can you travel with it example i have a friend who has property in oh i would like to shoot at?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:22:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2005 6:24:21 AM EDT by M4Madness]
You have two choices for an SBR -- build it yourself or buy it from a class 3 dealer. You can register your existing lower on a Form 1 and when the approved paperwork comes back, you can install a short upper. If you buy an SBR from a dealer, you'll pay for it up front, and the dealer will provide you with a Form 4 which you will mail off in the same manner as a Form 1. The SBR will stay at the dealer's shop until the approved paperwork comes back. You can swap short uppers on an SBR at will.

As for travelling with an SBR, you must first submit a Form 5320.20 to the BATF informing them of where you plan to take the SBR. Approval is usually pretty quick. You can only take the SBR to other states that allow SBR's themselves.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:31:44 AM EDT
Got it Thanks!hug.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:48:54 AM EDT
Thanks. That's an excuse to buy another lower.
Top Top