Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2005 8:02:51 PM EDT
When registering a SBR, is the reciever the registered part or is the whole gun logged at the time?  In other words, could I register one AR lower and have uppers in both 9mm and .223?  
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Rec. is the controlled part.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you request SBR permit prior to ordering lower? Also if you get SBR can you travel with it example i have a friend who has property in oh i would like to shoot at?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
You have two choices for an SBR -- build it yourself or buy it from a class 3 dealer. You can register your existing lower on a Form 1 and when the approved paperwork comes back, you can install a short upper. If you buy an SBR from a dealer, you'll pay for it up front, and the dealer will provide you with a Form 4 which you will mail off in the same manner as a Form 1. The SBR will stay at the dealer's shop until the approved paperwork comes back. You can swap short uppers on an SBR at will.

As for travelling with an SBR, you must first submit a Form 5320.20 to the BATF informing them of where you plan to take the SBR. Approval is usually pretty quick. You can only take the SBR to other states that allow SBR's themselves.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Got it Thanks!hug.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  That's an excuse to buy another lower.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top