Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:23:35 AM EDT
Does a rifle this age have mostly original G.I. parts? I just recently bought this rifle, and it is near new condition. I called Springfield with the serial number and was told that the rifle was made December 1981. I am a long time M16/AR15 man, and I am just now getting in to the M1A game. I have wanted an M1A for quite some time, and I have finally got one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
There's plenty of info on Different's website and other M14 sites where you can check the bolt, barrel, oprod and trigger group. Just tear into it and see. There are too many variables to just go by a DOB.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Without a doubt, an M1A of that vintage should have all GI parts except the receiver.  I had a 1982 SuperMatch that was all TRW except the barrel (Douglas) and receiver.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does a rifle this age have mostly original G.I. parts? I just recently bought this rifle, and it is near new condition. I called Springfield with the serial number and was told that the rifle was made December 1981. I am a long time M16/AR15 man, and I am just now getting in to the M1A game. I have wanted an M1A for quite some time, and I have finally got one.

Use this link for ALL M1A M14 info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top