Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 4:36:58 PM EDT
can the cantilever be removed and replaced when you need to use it? I cant find a answer anywhere-thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope - IIRC, they're either brazed or silver soldered on... I have a buddy who does factory warranty work for Remington, and I've seen better than half a dozen of those cantilever mounts that have come off the barrel - personally, I prefer having the receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and making one of my shotguns a dedicated slug gun...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I needed to know, thanks George
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to help - what I did, was have my 870 Express Magnum Deer Gun drilled and tapped for a Leupold 1 piece QR mount for a 7600 - that way, I can take my scope off with the flip of 2 levers, and still be able to use my iron sights... That set-up has always returned to zero after R&R'ing the scope, BTW...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top