Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 7:54:09 PM EDT
I just ordered a speedfeed stock and forend combo for my 870.  What size and type of screwdriver do I need to take the stock off?  And what do I need to take the forend off?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the stock, but the forend I replaced with a Surefire and it's easy.  The surefire came with a tool, but it's just a slotted piece of metal that fits in the hole.  Not sure where you get that tool from unless your forend comes with it like mine did.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just ordered a speedfeed stock and forend combo for my 870.  What size and type of screwdriver do I need to take the stock off?  And what do I need to take the forend off?

Not to be funny but are you joking ?
If not let me know ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always used a #1 phillips screwdriver for the recoil pad, a big flatbladed screwdriver for stock removal, and made up a piece of 1/8" thick steel, aprox 1.25"x1.25" combined with a pair of vicegrips for removing the fore-end tube nut... Hope that helps,

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've always used a #1 phillips screwdriver for the recoil pad, a big flatbladed screwdriver for stock removal, and made up a piece of 1/8" thick steel, aprox 1.25"x1.25" combined with a pair of vicegrips for removing the fore-end tube nut... Hope that helps,

- georgestrings

Thanks, I was able to get the forend nut off with a piece of wood that fit perfectly in the slots.  I needed to know what size phillips to get, so thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- georgestrings

Thanks, I was able to get the forend nut off with a piece of wood that fit perfectly in the slots.  I needed to know what size phillips to get, so thanks.

This can also be done with a pair of long nosed pliers with the tips spread out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You're welcome...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top