Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 2:51:18 PM EDT
Well, im lining up my next gun purchase, and one of my ideas was a Remington 700...but here's the thing: i want a .308, synthetic stocked, blued barrel (pref. 20-22 in.), with Detacheable Magazine.  That's the kicker; they don't seem to make it w/ detacheable magazines.  I know Trexler makes a floorplate conversion for use with their own mags (and it's not that expensive, either), but don't list .308 as a supported caliber.  Any idea as to what i can do?  Being able to take ten rounders would be nice, if at all possible (the trexler conversion kit is available w/ 10 rund mags).
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, there is/was a 700DM (detachable magazine) model.

maybe it was the PSS model, but I know there was a DM model 700 of some sort.

I also seem to recall there being some aftermarket mod for M14 mags....  it was costly as I recall so I opted not to do it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The 700 is perfectly fine right out of the Box.

If you want rapid fire or a high cap maybe you should look into buying an M1A/FAL.

JerrY
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't the 700 LTR use a detachable box magazine? If not, there're still beaucoup Model 700 DMs out there in various configurations to suit your needs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The model 700 Police in 308 has a detachable mag... black synthetic stock, 24" blued barrel... if it's too long for you have it cut off and recrowned.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Doesn't the 700 LTR use a detachable box magazine? If not, there're still beaucoup Model 700 DMs out there in various configurations to suit your needs.

No, not the LTR....but there are 700 PSS that have detachable magazine. Maybe older model?
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The model 700 Police in 308 has a detachable mag... black synthetic stock, 24" blued barrel... if it's too long for you have it cut off and recrowned.

My wife's M-700 SA "Mountain Rifle" is a "DM" as well.  Bought last year, her's has a wood stock, but we saw one in SS & Synthetic while we were looking.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You will be disappointed in the DM Rem. They did make an LTR DM. They have discontinued them all. The 700 was designed around a floorplate. The magazine conversion was a half hearted effort at a non-existant problem and were poorly done. The mags are cheap junk and 75% of them will not seat and or feed. Save your money.

Get a semi auto or an AI if you have to have a box feed.

Just my 2
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You will be disappointed in the DM Rem. They did make an LTR DM. They have discontinued them all. The 700 was designed around a floorplate. The magazine conversion was a half hearted effort at a non-existant problem and were poorly done. The mags are cheap junk and 75% of them will not seat and or feed. Save your money.

the DM PSS & LTR have been discontinued due to feeding problems
 a good freind of mine has a DM LTR & after one trip back to the factory it's funstioned fine since
it is a tack driver with 168gr BTHP's

www.remingtonle.com

I think Savage may have something with a DM

www.savagearms.com

I think Robar makes cu$$tom  308 REM700's that ustilize M14 mags
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
From all the research I've done: Remington DID produce a DM modle of the LTR and PSS. They are discontinued due to quality issues. some work great, others really sucked untill fixed, others never worked. (mags fall out, etc). Now, HS-Precision mages a DM for the Rem. 700 series, that I hear is excellent: http://www.hsprecision.com/price_list_accessories.htm

-Justin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top