Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 3:36:27 PM EDT
<Edited because I had 2 new posts and mixed them up =)>

I know there are reduced recoil buckshot rounds, but I have yet to see reduced recoil slugs. Anybody have a good source?

Also, I have only shot #7 target load. How does buckshot compare recoil wise?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the Ammo Man, Federal Tactical reduced-recoil rounds in both slug and #00 buck... $149/case delivered...

www.ammoman.com
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Remington reduced recoil slugs... available from Sportsman's Warehouse, if you have one near you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Federal, Remington, and Winchester all offer them.

Remington will probably call it "managed recoil"

Federal will call it low recoil or tactical

Winchester sells them through its Ranger line...I'm not sure if they have a reduced slug in their "civilian" type ammo
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Buck or slugs are definitely gonna thump you more than those #7 1/2 target loads, but the reduced recoil ("Tactical") loads are easier on the shoulder than the standard stuff, and they will get the job done for HD...in fact, it is a bit difficult to envision a scenario where slugs of any kind would be preferred to Buck in a HD role, IMO. (If I have to move outside, I will do my best to grab the M4, myself)

Oh I'll use my AR or XD for HD. The shotgun rounds I just want for fun at the range and 3-gun matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top