Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:10:00 AM EDT
I have a BRKT edc that I carry daily. I have had 2 leather sheaths and both of them have failed at the bottom belt loop where it is attached. Im not going to waste any more $$$ on these and would like a custom sheath made. Not interested in a taco/folded over pancake, Im looking for something quality made. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Who made the failures?  If they came from BRKT, they will replace them for you.  Lifetime warranty on knife and sheath.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
armorall leather (google armorall sheaths) is highly respected, but their wait time is......well, that of a well respected custom maker.

You might have to send them your knife, but they can make you whatever you want.  And as much as your budget will suffer.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all !

Yes it was a BRKT pouch sheath that came with it, the first one lasted about 4m and the bottom of the belt loop came apart. Got another one it lasted about 3m until it gave out in the same spot. I figured I'm not going keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.............
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks all !

Yes it was a BRKT pouch sheath that came with it, the first one lasted about 4m and the bottom of the belt loop came apart. Got another one it lasted about 3m until it gave out in the same spot. I figured I'm not going keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.............
View Quote
Yao mean kabar becker knife and tool knives.....right?  Because bark river should be taking care of you or at least finding out why you are tearing up sheaths so fast

Also, beckers are known to have subpar sheaths.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yao mean kabar becker knife and tool knives.....right?  Because bark river should be taking care of you or at least finding out why you are tearing up sheaths so fast

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks all !

No Bark River, I'll shoot them an email and a few pics. We'll see what happens. I do know I'm not interested in more of the same.

ETA: Not saying that I'm not happy with BRKT over all, I have 4 of their knives, they are all excellent.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The last BRKT I bought came with a sheath that did not seem to match the quality of previous ones.  I read somewhere that Sharpshooter was no longer making their sheaths and they were making them themselves.  That was a couple of years ago.  Either way, BRKT will make it good.  I would contact them before spending any money on a new one.  

Did you know that you can send them your knife and pay return shipping and they will make it look like new with a new razor edge?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out bpgunleather on Facebook.  Over built,hand made hand stitched etc etc.
 US leather and materials.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Cleveland kydex?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Eric at Mashed Cat makes excellent "pancake" kydex sheaths.  I've owned over 40 if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to Hobby Lobby and make your own. 
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Armorall leather.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top