Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 3:53:06 PM EDT
Looking to put another bbl. on my Bush rifle. Probably not chrome lined to avoid a problem headspacing. Any suggestions? Gunsmith (Ronnie Morris) is local, so I just need the barrel. Needs to shoot good w/ surplus ammo. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looking to put another bbl. on my Bush rifle. Probably not chrome lined to avoid a problem headspacing. Any suggestions? Gunsmith (Ronnie Morris) is local, so I just need the barrel. Needs to shoot good w/ surplus ammo. Thanks.

Have you looked into the Crazy Horse barrel that SEI offers?
It will shoot surplus just fine as well as anything else you want to try...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have any places to get a USGI contour 18" barrel?  I know Criterion makes one that they sell only to OEM's and was wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells them?  

The Crazy Horse one has a heavier contour from the chamber to the gas system which isn't really exciting me at the moment.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]
LRBarms sells chrome and nonchrome barrels.LRBarms.com Lou will fix you up these are same barrels he uses on his rifles
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Crazy Horse one has a heavier contour from the chamber to the gas system which isn't really exciting me at the moment.

Yeah, the CH is a 4 groove medium weight contour National Match barrel with a 1:10 twist.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Fulton's got chrome and non-chrome 18 inchers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I should have mentioned that I don't want a medium weight bbl. as that kind of goes against the whole Bush rifle concept. Anybody know who makes the LRB and Fulton barrels and how they perform accuracy wise? As in personal experience with good surplus Port and Aussie ammo?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Warbird has 18" GI profile chromlined barrels installed for $245.....his is best deal around

Longhunter
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
See post by 1911 Mitch for links to both warbird and Ted Brown.

http://www.m-14forum.com/showthread.php?t=13238

Karsten
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
SEI has their Chrome Lined, 1:10 ROT M118LR-chambered standard profile 18" barrel that is soon to be released.  As with most SEI stuff these days, Sam gets it first.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SEI has their Chrome Lined, 1:10 ROT M118LR-chambered standard profile 18" barrel ...

True - but, Ron told me they are made specifically for GI receivers and there is no guarantee they will fit a commercial receiver.
He said if it does not fit your receiver you are S.O.L.
I decided to take him at his word, let our troops have the one I planned on buying and found myself a 17 5/8” Chicom barrel
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
You are quite correct.  However, the headspace can be set to work properly with commercial receivers.  This is a relatively new development.  Give Ron another call -- he'll explain.  I'm going this way on my second SEI build with an LRB receiver.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You are quite correct.  However, the headspace can be set to work properly with commercial receivers.  This is a relatively new development.  Give Ron another call -- he'll explain.  I'm going this way on my second SEI build with an LRB receiver.  

Roger that. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top