Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2002 7:01:28 PM EDT
Does anyone have any feed back as to the quality of their products?  On their site they have a new upper with an "elevated optical platform" witch is a picatinny rail that is raised 1" higher.  The rear sight is at the appropriate height to be used with the front sight while still having the picatinny mounting option.  Has anyone seen these or used these uppers?

info appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Actualy, the EOP doesn't have any provision for a rear sight...if you want an elevated platform and still have sights, you need to consider their UTE upper.
They make very good products at a very reasonable price.  As with all manufacturers, they occasionally have issues with products, customers, etc...but those are the exception rather than the rule.  I have several of their products (uppers, lowers, accessories, etc) and have generally been happy with them.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My RRA lower fits right up to my Bushy upper.  Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
AWSOME

Mil-Spec parts go right in.

I sell tons of RRA, more than ArmaLite and Bushmaster lines combined. RRA accounts for 85% of our AR sales.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]
My own personal experience is that uppers, lowers, and barrels are fine. I have, however, had some problems with small parts, which I assume they have made by subcontractors.  Trigger guards are that POS shiny black which I can't stand, and the mag release that I bought in the lower parts kit from them broke in two after 3 months. On the other hand, the hammer in the parts kit gave a better trigger pull in my Bushie than the stock Bushie hammer, so it lives there now. Also, the cam pin hole in the bolt head came w/very sharp edges, which I believe is a prime cause of the cracks that appear in commercial bolts and get written up here periodically. I "retired" it after about 100 rounds and bought a $15.00 surplus bolt head assy from Sunset Guns

My opinion? If you're building a rifle, you can't do better, price and quality wise, than RR major assys. But use Colt or GI surp inner parts.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]
As thebeekeeper1 said, I find their quality is excellent. I have yet to find anything that I dislike about their rifles. I've compared them to my Bushmasters & Colts & they are at least equal to or better than both.

ColtShorty©

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, if they're good enough for gasgunner and the USMC res team, they're more than good enough for me.

Later,
Rich
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top