Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2018 9:33:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2018 11:06:31 PM EDT by clffrdjk]
Today my bolt carrier twisted and caught on the guide rail. The jam was bad enough that it damaged both the guide rail and the bolt carrier.
Should I try and stone them smooth or send them back to keltec for replacement?

I don't know how to post a picture from my phone, but 1 corner of the bolt carrier is rolled over bad enough that it will catch skin and both sides of the guide rail have a noticeable divot.

The jam occurred half to three-quarters of an inch into the closing stroke, I could not move it with the charging handle, I needed to fully disassemble just to get the bolt free.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:50:27 PM EDT
I'd send it back.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:06:06 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By XM15M4Guy:
I'd send it back.
View Quote
I hate to do that but I think you are right. I love the form of this rifle but damn have I had problems loose rail (red locktite), broken firing pin ( they had a new one with an updated design at my door within days of the call), and now this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:59:43 PM EDT
I too would send it back, i like mine but if i had that happen that is what i would do. Iv got other guns to play with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 5:13:32 PM EDT
Quality issues aside Kel-tec is actually really good about sending things back.

I had a CMR-30 that the barrel twisted loose on while installing a muzzle device.

I sent it out and they sent it back in a rather quick fashion repaired and ready. Part of me wants to complain about how easy they can break. But if every time it does they fix it just like that I can't see it as a complete negative.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:07:57 AM EDT
If you gunsmithed yourself I think they'd have an issue with it, understandably.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 12:50:16 PM EDT
Send it back especially with the bad luck you’ve been having. Better to not have it a bit than put a homemade bandaid on it that might void the warranty in case something bigger breaks latter. At least that would be my thinking.
Top Top