Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:05 PM EDT
Quick question for those in the know....my brother and I are going to form a trust for future NFA purchases using quicken willmaker. When you start it has you fill in your legal name that it used to create the trust name....that is a bit long....we can pick the name for the trust .... do we then need to edit the document with our full legal names for the portion that is notorzied? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I exported mine to MS word & used the 'Replace' option to change mine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep your trust name short-you may have to engrave that whole name on a reciever should you ever want to build an SBR, SBS, Suppressor etc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That was my thought as well. I'm looking to purchase the H.E.R.A Arms glock conversion kit. So, if my brother and I want the trust to be named "smith trust" our full legal name does not appear on the trust? Or do people just export the trust doc to microsoft word and edit it? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure you get Willmaker 2009 or earlier. I understand that 2010 no longer support Revocable Living Trusts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks I have a copy of 2009.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top