Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 6:47:48 AM EDT
Ok guys I'm going to be going to a three day class to learn a bit about shooting some of me guns. The class is not till august 22nd. I just decided on a sling and got a couple questions. I'm going to get a CQB CST sling. Now here is the question. I don't have use of the regular front sling mounting point on my ar, and i don't have a side mount sling attachment point. I was thinking of just using para cord to attach it to the front sight tower. Anyone know if that will work with that sling? Oh and the butstock is the fake collapsable.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok guys I'm going to be going to a three day class to learn a bit about shooting some of me guns. The class is not till august 22nd. I just decided on a sling and got a couple questions. I'm going to get a CQB CST sling. Now here is the question. I don't have use of the regular front sling mounting point on my ar, and i don't have a side mount sling attachment point. I was thinking of just using para cord to attach it to the front sight tower. Anyone know if that will work with that sling? Oh and the butstock is the fake collapsable.

It will work; but when the gun gets hot, it will melt. Maybe not the first time and maybe not everytime, but the  heat from the metal of t he gun will melt the paracord at a time  of its own choosing. I recommend a front sight tower side sling adapter like the GG&G Sling Thing.

I thought the same thing but I watched an army reserve guy at our club put about 1000rounds down range with one attached like that and it never burned through. Of course ya are I guess inviting Murphy to come over and lay down the law. Do you got any at the shop, and a CQB CST or SOP sling to go with it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I shall call
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think we have the Sling Things, and more than likely an SOP sling to go with it. Give the girls a call on Monday and they will hook you up.

That set-up is outstanding, and the two products work really well together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top