Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 8:25:11 AM EDT
On the front part of the mag (bullet tip end) just above the rivit on the bottem is a marking that looks like a "I" inserted in a "U". I have never noticed these marking before untill today. Any body have a clue to what this marking means? Also I have other colt 20 rnd mags that do not have this mark. Thanks

Steve
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
From the MAG FAQ found in the AR-15 MAGAZINE forum (hint - hint)

All Colt-marked magazines were actually made by a sub contracter, Universal Industries, a division of Okay Industries. GI-Contract Colt 20s had alloy followers and are marked with a "UI" stamp (for Universal Industries) on the front narrow wall of the magazine. Tilted on it's side, the "UI" becomes a "CH" (Colt, Hartford). The US Military switched to 30-round magazines in the early 1970s, and Colt-marked 20s made after the switch had black plastic followers. Anodizing is generally gray or silver in color.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotya, I forgot about the mag section. Thanks
and yes I feel stupid.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top