Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:12:11 AM EDT
I have wanting to buy a good set of tactical gear for some time now and Ihave looked at just about everything out thier. Among others I really like tactical taylor gear. I think they are virsitial, well made, and not to expensive. I do have a question about the retention strap on the 5.56 mag holders, How well do they work, Is it easy to remove when i need a mag in a hurry and how secure are the mags if I dont use the retention strap? I really like the "overlap" features of these holders.

Thanks for your response if anyone has any other ideas i would love to hear them. Just remember that im looking for something that is very versitial.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
which one? The dual mag golder or the single..

One has a velcro strap. the other has a bungi type strap...

Both work very well...

I have both:

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
the single mag holder.

how well will it hold the mag if i dont use the strap?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They're a pretty good friction fit if the cord isn't pulled over the top but with a loaded mag it could still come out if you take a spill.  And there's no reason not to use the strap because it is very fast to work with.  The tab is very easy to tug out the way then pull out the mag.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
which one? The dual mag holder or the single..

Both work very well...

I have both:

wawatusi.com/images/pc2.jpg

Does the dual mag pouch work with magpuls?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
are there any aftermarket pull tabs that would allow the user to have the tab always standing up? like in a T shape with the bungee going through the crossed part.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to hijack thread, but since it is about TT's line of mag pouches, I hope I could add on a question of mine, too

Is there any benefit of having a fastex buckle for a mag pouch, like their AK pouch? Can I remove it and use the velcro method if I don't like it?

Are fastex buckles as fast as velcro openings?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
which one? The dual mag holder or the single..

Both work very well...

I have both:

wawatusi.com/images/pc2.jpg

Does the dual mag pouch work with magpuls?

yes.... I have the ranger plates and put the straps aroung the curve in the ranger tab plate thing.... They work.

As far as regular mag pulls I have seen them used with no issue....

Not using the straps could make you look like a jihad pinata should you do a cartwheel or take a fall....

Here is both "in action" ..... (please excuse the action guy pose and the grainyness..... )

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not trying to hijack thread, but since it is about TT's line of mag pouches, I hope I could add on a question of mine, too

Is there any benefit of having a fastex buckle for a mag pouch, like their AK pouch? Can I remove it and use the velcro method if I don't like it?

Are fastex buckles as fast as velcro openings?

Thanks!

1. Yes

2. No.

I would ask TT if they would make the AK pouches like Burger King..... Your way.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top