Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 2:27:02 AM EDT
Well my friend has taken an intrest in one of the rifles I own and wanted to know if he could purchase it from me. How would I go about selling it to him, do we just go to a FFL dealer and pay a transaction as if he was ordering it from the mail (yuck). Or does he just pork over the cash and away he goes?

Any help is great help.
Thanks,
Jack
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]
i've sold guns to friends.  he handed me the cash, i handed him the gun.  as long as you're in the same state (depending on which state) it's perfectly legal to sell it that way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]
While I am unfamiliar with the laws in your state, the Hometown forum can help ya out. with that

FWIW, it's a good idea to get a signed reciept, a simple note stating ya sold "X" rifle SNxxxxxx, to Joe Blow on Aug. 25, 2004, signed by both of ya might come in handy.

That way if he flips his lid and goes postal you'll have a piece of paper to show the LEOs when/if they track the rifle back to you.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Jack, here in Indiana private transfers are perfectly legal. No FFL is needed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top