Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 2:27:02 AM EDT
Well my friend has taken an intrest in one of the rifles I own and wanted to know if he could purchase it from me. How would I go about selling it to him, do we just go to a FFL dealer and pay a transaction as if he was ordering it from the mail (yuck). Or does he just pork over the cash and away he goes?

Any help is great help.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:42:28 AM EDT
i've sold guns to friends. he handed me the cash, i handed him the gun. as long as you're in the same state (depending on which state) it's perfectly legal to sell it that way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:10:59 AM EDT
While I am unfamiliar with the laws in your state, the Hometown forum can help ya out. with that

FWIW, it's a good idea to get a signed reciept, a simple note stating ya sold "X" rifle SNxxxxxx, to Joe Blow on Aug. 25, 2004, signed by both of ya might come in handy.

That way if he flips his lid and goes postal you'll have a piece of paper to show the LEOs when/if they track the rifle back to you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:58:21 PM EDT
Jack, here in Indiana private transfers are perfectly legal. No FFL is needed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:28:13 PM EDT
Top Top