Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2002 10:10:42 PM EDT
I am curious if I get my class 3 license. Buy a Colt model R0977 M4 carbine. Can I put it on a form 4 and keep in my private collection if I let my license run out?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:41:15 PM EDT
If you can find a transferable RR M16 w/ M4 top or even a Pre-May 86 Dealer Sample R0977 M4, you can keep it for your personal collection when you give up your FFL/SOT status. However, Post-May 86 Dealer Samples must be relinquished.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:51:06 AM EDT
If you get your SOT (Class 3 FFL), you must conduct business with it.

If you try to use it for only a personal collection, the BATF will revoke it and throw you in jail for tax evasion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:40:36 PM EDT
Get a storefront and a sot and go at it. I dont think you can keep them afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:22:30 PM EDT
Just get an M16 lower and put an M4 upper on it . What makes the M4 an M4 is mostly the upper anyway .
Top Top