Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 2:25:27 AM EDT
I'm thinking of buying one of these. Any opinions on their quality?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Henry Big Boy in .45 LC, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
There 22 are pretty good. I have seen and handled alot of them.

If you ever see there catalogs, you will notice the old guy with suspenders and a featehred hat. He also is wearing a blue shirt. Well thats my father and we had extensive time to go over thier product line in 22rimfires.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only talk of the .22, as that is their only rifle I've any experience with.Quality wise they're not on a level with a Marlin or Winchester, but neither is their price.Lotsa plastic and pot metal. Barrell pinned as opposed to threaded. My dad has one that had to go back to the factory after little use as the barrell to receiver fit had gotten way loose. Henry repinned the barrell and it's still okay.

For the money, they are okay. If it's all you can afford in a lever action then go ahead. But if you can swing the extra coin, a Marlin or Winchester is better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, fellows.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no plastic on the Big Boy, all metal.  It shot right in the X at 15 yards, right out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a Henry forum over at CAS City.  I know some folks are pissed as one of the recent Henry's are a "New" weapon, not a new made copy of an old design, thus new folks into CAS might spend mony of one of these rifles, show up at their first shoot and be DQd because their rifle is not right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top