Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 8:29:54 PM EDT
I was looking at a friend of mine's Olympic Arms match AR15, which has a set trigger the other day and was wondering if anyone has a copmarative knowledge between a set trigger and a very good trigger like a Jewell?  Is this trigger not the same as a 2 stage trigger?  Can they be added without machining?
I've been thinking about getting a Jewell trigger for my AR, but this threw a wrench in my decision process.  Any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
GO WITH A JEWELL!!!!!!!!!

I think the other trigger is simply a single stage trigger.

Tommy at GPSS has the best deals on Jewells.
(Tell him I sent you. I think he's mad at me for trying to pay him with confederate money.)
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Believe piccolo was correct, your friend has single stage trigger.

Yes, the Jewell is a 2-stage match quality trigger and they are easy to install w/ NO machining. I have one in my competition rifle, but if your just interested in using a good 2-stage for your plinker/shooter you can save some money and go w/ a Rock River Arms 2-stage, I hear guys around here have had very good luck w/ them and seem satisfied, (ie. "their much smoother and break like glass"). And while maybe not as light (around 4lbs) as a Jewell "can" be adjusted to, more practical for non-competition rifles.

Mike

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Once-upon-a-time Oly had a set trigger option. I don't know if they still do.

These were done up by Williams Trigger Specialties. They use altered standard trigger components.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top