Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 7:00:51 PM EDT
I've seen the new ASA .308 with the side pull charging handle. I'm curious, does anyone have closeup pics of how it all works?  is the Bolt Carrier similar to the AR-15 type?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen the ASA, but DPMS makes a side charger - it uses a modified AR bolt assembly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've seen the new ASA .308 with the side pull charging handle. I'm curious, does anyone have closeup pics of how it all works?  is the Bolt Carrier similar to the AR-15 type?

7IDL,

I know you're asking a technical question but if you're considering doing business with "ASA" you might also consider posting for opinions on doing business with that company or do a search for previous threads on this topic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen all the threads where people are relaying their horror stories about ASA. But I have to tell ya, I didn't have the same experience. I bought a CAR-15 from them about 3 years ago, and it's a great rifle. It works like it's supposed to. The ONLY problem I ever had with it was a FTF issue due to, you guessed it, bad magazines. I got rid of the bad mags and the problem went away. IMHO, they make a quality rifle, and I'm going to buy an M4gery from them this summer. ( birthday present to myself ).

Now maybe the owner really is an a$$hole, and I don't doubt that what other have said about them is true. I'm sure they had serious issues that had to be addressed. But in my experience, they are a good company making a good product, and I will continue to support them.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, Politics and Favoritism aside, Lets just see how they do it.  I'm just interested in the design.  I know that the original AR with the Top pull lever and slot got hot!  Like to see how they did it on the side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top