Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2002 4:59:33 PM EDT
what is the difference between the Red and Yellow Blank Firing Adapters?  New design? (back in my day, all we got was red!) Different gas metering?
I see yellow a lot on M4's and Red on the M249's in pictures.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same thing. My guess would be yellow offers better visibility than red (which can look brown under certain lighting conditions).

???
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
ive used them both and could not tell a difference although i wasnt able to hold them up and compare.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Red is for M16 rifles, yellow is for M4 carbines-my understanding is that differing levels of pressure are needed for the weapons to function reliably and to account for the differences in barrel length.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The yellow BFAs for the M4s have a larger hole to allow more gas to assist in cycling. Firing semiauto, you won't see a difference. Full auto is were the benefits are noticed. 20" barrels have a long enough gas tube so no difference is noticed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top