Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2007 3:29:14 PM EDT
Just joined your ranks and thought I would share some pics and disclose a few neat things I discovered.

Here is the entire gun:

Discovered that this gun uses the same size tube as a AR15.  I had a Magpul Commercial version w/ cheekrest available so I put it on.  Be sure to get the Commercial version because the Mil-Spec version is a different size.  Here is a picture:

You can take the rails off if you want as shown here:

I am still debating on whether or not I am getting a bipod.  If I do I will put the bottom rail back on.

As you know these guns have a long action and this prevents using a longer scope.  I went with a Trijicon TA31-DOC that was on my Sig 556.

The toughest project per say was figuring out which mount to use on this gun.  After a bunch of research and not wanting to risk cheaper solutions I went with the B&T HK G3/91 CETME Low Mount.  This is expensive but very high quality and it looks very good on the gun.  FYI the iron sights do not interfere with the scope vision.  I even tested a Meopta R1 and there was no obstruction.  Here is a picture of the scope on the B&T:

I read many posts where you guys praised the build quality of JLD and I must say the machine work is top notch.

Well hopefully tomorrow I get to shoot it for the first time and dial in the scope.  Then I will see how well it likes South African Ammo.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
BTW what magazines do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Tapco has their 50 mags for 60 bucks (IIRC) deal going on again right now. Someone will probably chime in with a link before soon.

Looks good, by the way!
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanted like new condition and this was the best deal I found on the net...

www.robertrtg.com/g3magazinenlikenew.html

10 for 30 bucks
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
How are you able to use that ACOG?
It's mounted way too high.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why do you say that?

Is this to high?

That is the factory scope mount.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Ditch the Tapco abortion buttstock and install a Magpull PRS for the G3 series and you can raise the comb to counter that problem.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not a tapco abortion - it's a Magpul.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The adapter that PTR sells to make a AR15 buttstock mate to a HK G3 style firearm is a Tapco abortion dude.  

While his buttstock may be a magpul model, the reciever extension and that adapter are 100% ghey.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Right. I guess you have a better tapcodar than I.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you say that?

Is this to high?

www.artifex.ws/images/ptrproject2.jpg

Did you happen to notice the big honking cheek pad that the stock rifle has?
You make no mention of your rifle having the big honking cheek pad on it.

Here's my PTR 91.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you say that?

Is this to high?

www.artifex.ws/images/ptrproject2.jpg

Did you happen to notice the big honking cheek pad that the stock rifle has?
You make no mention of your rifle having the big honking cheek pad on it.

Here's my PTR 91.

www.vaq34.com/junk/ptr91_a1.jpg

Did you notice the cheek rest on my Magpul?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ditch the Tapco abortion buttstock and install a Magpull PRS for the G3 series and you can raise the comb to counter that problem.  

I admit I am an AR guy and like the adjustable stock.  I have a PRS on my AR10 sniper rifle.  This one I am using for closer range shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top