Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:06:52 PM EDT
Ok people, what type of receiver would be considerd "correct" for a STG-58 build up.  

Who has them, who made them, and how much to dish out to get one???

This may be my first FAL build, if the wife approves the inital funding for the parts kit.

Looking for some insight .

Thanks

Buzz.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know who has FAL receivers in the US but I can post pics of my real Steyr StG58 if you need it
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Any metric F A L upper receiver would be "correct" for an StG58 as all three types were used in production. The lower receiver will determine the most "correct" for your kit. Your kit will have either a type 1 or type 2 lower receiver.
On the recoil plate there will be cut outs on the bottom portion of the plate flange. One on each side. If the cut out has a more square inside corner, then it is type 1. If the inside corner is more radius or rounded, then it is type 2.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Any metric F A L upper receiver would be "correct" for an StG58 as all three types were used in production. The lower receiver will determine the most "correct" for your kit. Your kit will have either a type 1 or type 2 lower receiver.
On the recoil plate there will be cut outs on the bottom portion of the plate flange. One on each side. If the cut out has a more square inside corner, then it is type 1. If the inside corner is more radius or rounded, then it is type 2.

Currently, DS Arms and Entreprise offer type 1 uppers. DS Arms offers type 2 uppers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Currently, DS Arms and Entreprise offer type 1 uppers. DS Arms offers type 2 uppers.

Can you post a pic what you are talking about. Ive got a DSA type 1 rec for a STG58 build
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally preferr the Imbeals. But where are they at ??? I had mine built on a Dan Coonan. It has been a very good reciever . Are Dan Coonan still being made ???? WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I personally preferr the Imbeals. But where are they at ??? I had mine built on a Dan Coonan. It has been a very good reciever . Are Dan Coonan still being made ???? WarDawg

New recivers are due out soon
www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm
Look at the bottom of the page
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

crap.....that's good to know....thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top