Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:42:22 PM EDT
Wecsog homebrew camo job I've been thinking about doing for a while. I know camo and/or X-series stocks don't appeal to some but to some they do. These pics are for those folks-  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

http://www.datazap.net/sites/lee_f4392/IMG_0721post.jpg

http://www.datazap.net/sites/lee_f4392/IMG_0722post.jpg
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice job on your rifles. I guess what I did color wise and style was just done for looks. I don't intend on hiding the rifle in ANY natural environment, I guess I just wanted something different. Frankly I'm not sure about some of the styles and colors DSA offers in Dura-Coat either from the standpoint of functional camoflage. BTW, the color is not as light as it looks, it's kind of a light sand colored khaki and the masked areas from the twine are a combination of dark green, brown and black. The shot isn't detailed enough to show it well. It would possibly blend in with the marshes on the NC coast fairly well? Thanks for the input-
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of coating did you guys use.
I've seen some people say they just used krylon spray paint.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Now those look nice
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice job, I like.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What kind of coating did you guys use.
I've seen some people say they just used krylon spray paint.

That's pretty much what I did-After roughing up the stocks and degreasing with acetone I used a total base coat of satin hunter green Krylon Fusion because that paint is supposed to be specially formulated to bond with plastics. The rest of the coats/colors were done in the Krylon ultra-flat camo colors. I finished it off with about 3 coats of satin acrylic clear coat for durability. It was my first stab at camo'ing anything, thanks for the comments-
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Plain old Ace Hardware Krylon ultra-flat and Brownell's aluma-hyde.

Is Aluma Hyde a clear coat Paul?  I hear about it being tough but I don't know anything about it-
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#9]
alumahyde is available in several colors, and supposedly is about as tough a finish as you can get out of a spray can, non cured.  As in, you don't bake it on, just let it dry (which can take days from what I have read).  I am going to do my FAL in alumahyde when it materializes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Spray paint. paul, paint the metal, come to the dark side!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top