Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:30:12 AM EDT
This stuff performed a miracle.

Test subject:  SA M1 rebarrelled / overhauled at Red Rock in 6/65. Purchased as a Field Grade from CMP.

Ammo:  Greek HXP vintage '68

The test target range was set at 50 yrds. The before group was shot on sunny day, wind was calm. The group had a pretty radial spread of 1.75" or 3.5 MOA. Standard performance for a service rifle.

Using the same ammo, target and target distance, on a VERY gusty day (yesterday) the after was impressive. My 5 shot group was arranged in a very linear "happy face smile" The two outer most shots were the upward turns of the smile and three lower shots made a very horizontal line. Max width 1.5" by a tight .5" high in gusty conditions. No question in my mind that without the wind, I could shoot close to 1.5 to 2 moa's with this. Pictures to follow.

The process brighten the barrel tremendously and made cleaning soooo much faster. Three patches I was done. My HRA M1 I fired as well yesterday, took considerable more work and time.

The process:

Da' loads: I used the 175g bullets (SMK's impregnated with grit) provided, pushed by H4895 powder, estimated @ 2600 fps, CCI 200 primers. 5 steps of 10 bullets each.

Fire 10, clean barrel...repeat 5 times, clean barrel. At the end of the day I cleaned it with USP's bore paste and oil.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top