Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 2:42:44 PM EDT
I am considering buying taurus p99.
It is about 15 yr old but in 98% condition.
Has about 600 rounds through it.
It is the older model without the decocker safety, which I like.  It also has the adjustable sights.  

It comes with 3 factory 15 rounders and 2 afterarket 17 rounders.

It also has a better grips on it, as well as wood ones.

The person is asking $400

What do you guys think?

Thanks Fidel

P.S.  I was originally looking at a berretta but this thing is an almost exac copy.
The person also mentioned it being made in the same factory as berretta [/rambling]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Private sale with no tax?  Is it off the books legal private sale, or does it need to be transferred at a cost to you?

The mags are worth around $125 depending on condition and manufacturer.  That puts the pistol at $275.  You won't find too many quality high cap 9mm pistols at that price.

If you like the gun, I would go for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Hiram is correct.  The mag themselves are worth quite a bit. The gun itself is OK.  How is the trigger?  I had one and had to get rid of it.  It took two fingers to pull on it.  It did have pretty rosewood grips.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hiram: Yes it is a private sale.

Also, this guy is a worker at the local range, so I will get to shoot it before buying it :)

I shot another one at the range today that was similar to his.

Thanks for the info, if the trigger is good, I will go for it.

Fidel
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember triggers can be stoned, either by yourself or a smith for a small fee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top