Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2012 3:19:55 PM EDT
What I have is basically every part for an E2 stock, less one of the recoil pad attaching screws. All of the parts are USGI, with the possible exception of the compensator, which has no drawing number or other mark on it. I am not sure if it is supposed to have one or not. The folding buttplate has most of the exterior finish worn off the rearmost surface, but it it nice and tight. It could easily be reparked. The recoil pad is excellent, as are the screw hole filler plugs. The other stock metal (stock liner, backing piece for folding forearm grip, ferrule) is in excellent condition. The folding forend grip is in in very good condition, there are only a few places where the rubberized coating has some wear through on the edges. The latch operates as it should. The forend has a row of 6 holes to allow for fore and aft folding grip adjustment, and 2 are filled by the mounting screws, leaving 4 open. I have 6 of the rubber plugs for these holes, I don't think these are available from any vendor anywhere. I was extremely fortunate to find these more than 10 yrs ago. The correct sling with the extra swivel clip is in excellent condition. The stock is birch, and had some dings and an uneven finish when I got it. I sprayed on a coat of automotive stoneguard on it and a coat of grey primer. It didn't lay down how I wanted it to as it was too thin, so that needs to be sanded/scraped off. I am trying to decide whether I should sell it as a lot, and where. Any ideas as to the value of the whole package? Depending on the potential value I will either put it on the EE or just keep it. Thanks in advance, and if anybody wants detail pics for reference I will be happy to post some.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The value of the stock went down the drain as soon as you painted it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All of the parts are USGI, with the possible exception of the compensator, which has no drawing number or other mark on it. I am not sure if it is supposed to have one or not.[/url]

You have a commercial reproduction M14E2 muzzle stabilizer.  USGI M14E2 muzzle stabilizers with the locking mechanism (second and third versions) had the part number marked on the yoke.  The first version USGI M14E2 muzzle stabilizer did not have a latching yoke.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The value of the stock went down the drain as soon as you painted it.

Duh, really? Refinishing or altering an original item can decrease the value? Wow. Enlightening. Now, do you have any more pearls or do you have an idea what it might be worth? It looked like crap when I got it, and besides, I could easily put it into the condition it would have been in if I had addressed all of the flaws in a more 'traditional' way at the time. I sealed the wood before I did anything, so all I have to do is sand off the gunk and wash primer overspray off with lacquer thinner.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to have that...
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would like to have that...

I think that's another one of those "obvious" statements.....

OP, wish I knew what it was worth, but I'll bet it's a pretty penny, refinished or not, based on interest and what I've seen them go for in the past. I'd probably say $150-400 ballpark, but I'd also wait for more knowledgeable people to weigh in.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold an absolutely mint complete stock for $600.00 recently, so go from there

if I had to say, you could probably assemble it and go for $350-$400 or clean it up and try to get it back to normal and get more

there is a market for these, but the paint killed it
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sold an absolutely mint complete stock for $600.00 recently, so go from there

if I had to say, you could probably assemble it and go for $350-$400 or clean it up and try to get it back to normal and get more

there is a market for these, but the paint killed it

I think I'm going to re-apply the undercoat, paint it with Moly Resin, and be happy. Maybe have Charlie Maloney bed it and do a trigger job. Annoy purists like I did with my NM tuned Garand in a Nigerian BM59 stock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top