Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/29/2010 7:53:42 PM EDT
I have a lee classic turret press that I am in the process of setting a turret up for reloading 223 on. I have already set up a turret to load 357 target loads with the disk auto powder dispenser and this has worked well. I got a new 4 whole turret that I am setting up to load 223 and I realized that my disk auto powder dispenser doesn't work for rifle cases without me purchasing an additional dispenser die and that the micro disks that came with the kit don't seem to be all that great at being adjustable to throw the 223 loads that I have seen here and other places. Note, I only folllow safe practices and I am just looking to make safe, quick and easily repeatedly loads.

What do you guys use for powder measures? Should I adapt my auto disk measure with the dispenser die and additional disk kit or, should I get a bench mounted dispenser to use specifically for 223 loads?

Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:22:02 PM EDT
Get the double disk kit and rifle charging die.  Going to a bench-mounted powder dispenser defeats the purpose of the turret press.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:24:30 PM EDT
For my set up I use a Redding 3BR and I love mine. My process isn't fast, I use a single stage but its precise.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:27:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jmart:
Get the double disk kit and rifle charging die.  Going to a bench-mounted powder dispenser defeats the purpose of the turret press.

I was wondering that. With everything set up on the turret press with the auto index, I can really get a lot of production going.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:32:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2010 8:32:55 PM EDT by 1911smith]
I use the double disk with Accurate 2230 powder. Drop is usually dead on using the charge die that came with press. No more than tenth of grain + or - when off.
Top Top