Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:35:53 PM EDT
I want to see fals and light and small as they go!

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
www.rbpusa.net/mpa971.html

So tiny even the round it fires shrank.  9mm, drum mag, FAL lower...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
heh!   the link is busted...

thanks for posting
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still waiting for mine to come back from Jayson at IGF.  He's taking a 16.25" barrel and installing a short gas system on it.  Its going on my para with the alloy lower.  It should make it in at about 7.5 pounds.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
that'll be cool...  

FALs are just really heavy... people who lighten them up to 9lbs W/ optic and less have an awesome rifle
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:08:51 AM EDT
[#5]
This pic is pretty well worn over on the falfiles, but maybe theres stil a few people over here that still havent seen it............NOT mine, its an AOW built by Gulf Coast Armory.  Not very useful, but I wouldnt mind having one anyway.

Here's an Izzy that I unfortunately no longer own  It has a 16.125" bbl including short stoll brake.  Moses Cut the bbl, he had to turn off the metal that the  sling and bipod attach to.  It made it difficult to find a place for a sling, Excellent candidate for a SP sling if ever I saw one.

One more:
This IMO is the perfect length for a FAL,  I sent this bbl to moses also and this time he cut it to 17" and threaded it.  With the FH on, its just over 18".  This gun balances perfectly, and the gas system runs like a top. (as evidenced by brass flying 50ft away).  Reciol isnt bad either.

Dont get me wrong, I like short FAL's, but that izzy I had was really stock heavy, Loud, (most likly just due to the brake) and started to hurt after 100 or so rounds.  not to mention the gas port needed to be tweaked a few times before getting it right.  I plan on building a replacement izzy in the near future, but I'll add another inch or so to the barrel next time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
that'll be cool...  

FALs are just really heavy... people who lighten them up to 9lbs W/ optic and less have an awesome rifle

Weight isnt that much of a concern when it comes to FALs IMO, It dampens recoil(for those that are recoil sensitive, not me ) and really, they weigh pretty close to what an AR does after you finish hanging a bunch of heavy crap off of it.

I just noticed that I negl;ected the lightweight part of your title, sorry, but my post is still somewhat relavant.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.rbpusa.net/mpa971.html

www.rpbusa.net/images/mpa971_shadowbox.jpg

So tiny even the round it fires shrank.  9mm, drum mag, FAL lower...

Try THIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top