Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2011 2:59:25 PM EDT
Has anyone else had to deal directly with Possum Hollow Customer service?  I have run into a bad situation that just cannot or will not be corrected. I started reloading .223 over this past christmas. This forum has given me a tremendous amount of advice and insight. The knowledge of the people here is incredible.

More and more recently I have seen posts about how happy people are with the Possum Hollow cutter and power adapter. I checked around to try and buy online and they seemed tough to find for the .223.

Went to Possum Hollows web site and through a link ordered one directly from them. That was on 3/10/11. It had not arrived so I contact possum hollow via email.  I had spoken with a rep from Possum Hollow via email numerous times. I was first told it was shipped 3/16/11.   Then I was told on Friday 4/1/11 it had been shipped with no date given. Then again on 4/2/11 I was told it was shipped on 3/31.

It still has not arrived here. I sent another email to ask what happened to my cutter and now have gotten no response. I hate to bash a company on a forum. If I do post about a company or product I tend to push the positive. Whether someone handled a problem in a reasonable time, the product performed better than expected. Anything to put a positive light on someone.

I figure my next step is to follow up with my credit card company and see if they can intervene. I was billed for a product that hasn't arrived despite being told it was shipped numerous times. If there is a problem with shipping, or back order or something- tell me the truth. Please don't lie to me and tell it was shipped when it wasn't

I was curious if anyone else has had a similar problem with them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall hearing similar concerns in the past. They make great products, but the execution in terms of shipping and communications seems to leave a little to be desired.

MidwayUSA stocks quite a few Possum Hollow products. It might not help you, but given their excellent track record in areas where Possum Hollow seems to be lacking it might be advisable to just order from MidwayUSA.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered on from Midway and got it today. Sorry,  I know this doesn't help with your situation but Midway has them in stock if you want to order.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was looking for a .223 cutter, I called their CS.   They told me who they had just shipped some too (Midway) and I just ordered from there.   YMMV!

Good luck in your hunt for one!
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a very small operation from what I know (Eric + his wife + one other guy). They now have a machine shop grind their carbide cutters since they can't do it themselves- this seems to get them into backlogs very quickly :-/

I personally talked and dealt with Eric twice, and each time he was very helpful. The first time I ordered from him was a 223 cutter (everywhere else was sold out); my CC got charged, but I didn't see it for 2 weeks. There was a backorder and I wasn't told about it- when I called, they apologized and gave me dealer pricing for the cutter and threw in the power adapter for free. Give them a chance, they're good people.

Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine took 3 weeks, one email, and one phone call to them. I can't say I am unhappy because I was never promised it would be at my door in any time frame. I think we are all just too used to big volume sellers with lots of technology giving us constant feedback. Seems like they are good people who just can't keep-up with demand or justify expansion.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I actually talked to him yesterday.  He said hes been waiting on cutters for the trimmers and between that and going on spring break with his kids things got backed up.  Said things should be going out soon.

Really nice guy and I am not worried about getting the product, even if it does take a little more time than a mega-operation like Midway.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the feed back. I completely understand back-orders, spring breaks, etc. If the order is delayed, say its delayed.  If you don't have a time frame, please don't give me one.

hopefully it will be here soon. I have about 500 range pick ups that I am waiting to trim before I reload them. I have ammo loaded, but a whole bunch waiting to be trimmed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I appreciate the feed back. I completely understand back-orders, spring breaks, etc. If the order is delayed, say its delayed.  If you don't have a time frame, please don't give me one.

hopefully it will be here soon. I have about 500 range pick ups that I am waiting to trim before I reload them. I have ammo loaded, but a whole bunch waiting to be trimmed.

If a supplier is selling retail, customer service is EVERYTHING!  If you cannot provide good customer service, then do not sell retail.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I wanted to follow up in regards to Possum Hollow customer service- Class act all around.

I got my new trimmer this morning (had to pick up from post office) after a bit of delay, but it is here.

Came home and after a few quick adjustments, WOW. clean cut, precise cut. Have trimmer adjusted to 1.7535". All cases have been within +/- .002". Easy to use, easy to set up and adjust. Good stuff.

Great product, great follow up from possum hollow.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top