Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:12:34 PM EDT
Well I've wanted a Mosin Nagant for a while but most that I found were pretty beat up, didn't operate smoothly.  I was going to break down and get a Russian M44 and maybe sporterize it.

Yesterday I saw the cleanest Mosin ever, the stock was a nice mate blond finish.  I looked at the price ($189.00) and then looked at the markings.  I knew they weren't Russian.  Nobody in the gun store knew much about them.  Unfortuneatly the previous owner decided to tap it for a scope and bent the bolt hanle down (is was done professionally).  I don't know if they refinished the stock since it was so nice, I'm guessing they did.

I went home and looked up the markings and found out it was a Polish model.  It said the Polish were some of the best made.  I went back to the store and got it today for $150.  All #'s match but no accesories (sling, bayonet).  

Does anyone think this is a good investment since it has been modified?  

Even if it's not, I still got a beutiful rifle that I will enjoy shooting for many years.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You can find unmolested M44's pretty easily.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Well I've wanted a Mosin Nagant for a while but most that I found were pretty beat up, didn't operate smoothly.  I was going to break down and get a Russian M44 and maybe sporterize it.

Yesterday I saw the cleanest Mosin ever, the stock was a nice mate blond finish.  I looked at the price ($189.00) and then looked at the markings.  I knew they weren't Russian.  Nobody in the gun store knew much about them.  Unfortuneatly the previous owner decided to tap it for a scope and bent the bolt hanle down (is was done professionally).  I don't know if they refinished the stock since it was so nice, I'm guessing they did.

I went home and looked up the markings and found out it was a Polish model.  It said the Polish were very well made.  I went back to the store and got it today for $150.  All #'s match but no accesories (sling, bayonet).  

Does anyone think this is a good investment since it has been modified?

Even if it's not, I still got a buetiful rifle that I will enjoy shooting for many years.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top