Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 1:12:06 PM EDT
I have an old (10+ years old!) blued Ruger 10/22 that's just gathering dust.   It's the standard model.

I have a first-generation Bushnell HOLOsight that's also gathering dust, since I bought an Aimpont Comp-M XD and an EOTech 512.

I figure I might as well put the two together.  

The rail that came with the 10/22 is clearly too narrow for a standard Weaver setup.  

Can you recommend a high-quality blued Weaver mount for the Ruger 10/22?  I am willing to pay for a quality mount.   I'd prefer something that didn't require professional installation but if it's the only way to go, I will do it.  

Thanks!

Justin
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This should work

http://www.gunaccessories.com/1022/mountsbases.asp
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Power custom
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
RB PRECISION EVOLUTION......
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually Midway has Volquartsen Picatinny spec rails.  I wish I'd have gotten one instead of my Power Custom weaver rail, so the mounts (if more than one) would line up for interchangability with my other guns..........
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#5]
If you need extra height, the Power custom is the way to go. Those things are almost 3/4" thick! If you don't want the height and want it closer to the bore, the Weaver T09 mount is a direct mount with no drilling, no fitting, uses all 4 screws. I have built 8 10/22's and prefer the Weaver. If I need more height, I use taller rings.

FYI, do NOT over tighten the screws! You are screwing into aluminum. Just snug them up. Use red loctite if you plan on never removing it and blue loctite if you think you might.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I am looking at:

- Volquartsen picatinny rail from Midway

- Bushnell HOLOsight (as mentioned above)

- Green Mountain 18" or 16" (undecided) fluted barrel ... Shooter's Discount has the 16" in stock but not the 18".  I am going to use this as a plinker (mostly freehand shooting) so I'm leaning towards the 16" anyway but it would be nicer to have a bit more in the fps department with the 18".  I may wait and see when they get it back in stock.

- Undecided on the stock but I want something either in black synthetic or gray laminate, in a sporter style.  I have heard Butler Creek and Hogue stocks are a bit too "flexy" so I am avoiding them.  I may try a Bell & Carson (if they have one I like) or maybe a Fajen.

I am a n00b when it comes to 10/22s so I hope this works out.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The 10/22 is like a disease that gets into your blood.  It keeps bagging for more and more add ons and improvements until you look at it one day and almost shit yourself when you realize just how much time and money you've put into a friggin 10/22.  I could have had a top of the line bolt gun for what my 10/22 has cost me.  Oh well, maybe next time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Haha, yeah I know what you mean.  I'm trying to keep it relatively low key though.  Who knows if I will be able to resist?

Here's my intended breakdown.

Stock Ruger 10/22:  $0 (already acquired long, long, long ago)

Volquartsen picatinny rail, blue:  $50

Green Mountain 18" fluted barrel:  $110

Bushnell HOLOsight:  $0 (already acquired long, long, long ago)

Stock:  not sure, but I'd like a black or gray Bell & Carson Classic stock (if I could find one! grr):  $150?  Cannot find this stock anywhere!

Three Butler Creek steel-lip 25 round hi-caps:  $90 (about $30 per mag)

So total damage will be around $400.  If you factor in what I paid for the HOLOsight and the 10/22 I'm sure it would be a lot more, probably around $800!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Stock:  not sure, but I'd like a black or gray Bell & Carson Classic stock (if I could find one! grr):  $150?  Cannot find this stock anywhere!

Here is the stock you want for less than you are willing to pay from an awesome company.  The picture shows it in advantage camo but if you read the description it says it is black.  I have the B&C Anschutz stock on mine and love it.  I also purchased it through Midway.

ETA:  You had better hurry though if you want one right away as it says they have only 4 left.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Haha, yeah I know what you mean.  I'm trying to keep it relatively low key though.  Who knows if I will be able to resist?

Here's my intended breakdown.

Stock Ruger 10/22:  $0 (already acquired long, long, long ago)

Volquartsen picatinny rail, blue:  $50

Green Mountain 18" fluted barrel:  $110

Bushnell HOLOsight:  $0 (already acquired long, long, long ago)

Three Butler Creek steel-lip 25 round hi-caps:  $90 (about $30 per mag)

So total damage will be around $400.  If you factor in what I paid for the HOLOsight and the 10/22 I'm sure it would be a lot more, probably around $800!

I have to recommend the Hogue overmolded stocks.  There is a good reason why they are one of the most common stocks you see on people's 10/22.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, I did not see that one at Midway.  

No slam on Hogues intended, it's just that some people on rimfirecentral.com say they're a bit too "flexy".
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]
VQ Pic rail is not MIL-STD spec, I returned mine a while back. They said they were working on making it MIL-STD specs, don't know if they've done it yet

I got a Weigand Combat Handguns MIL STD Pic rail, works like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Urk!  

I ordered my VQ rail last nite.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Also got 2 Butler Creek steel-lip 25 rd mags.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top