Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 10:52:52 PM EDT
Does anyone recall what type of PCs the Ravenwood () "Mercenaries" were wearing in the Jericho TV series?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]

CXS

ETA:

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Hahahaha!

Reminds me of those "What's Wrong With This Picture" puzzles I used to do as a kid!

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I love how they all have VFG's but still grab the magwell...

Im not sure about the Carriers either...

CXS
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The guy with the goatee looks like he is wearing my cheaper than dirt PC

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Damn close, but I don't think so...

CXS
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So is the CTD PC worth the money?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is the CTD PC worth the money?

I was just wondering the same thing.

The reviews are 'off the charts' for that thing! (And I JUST bought an issue MOLLE vest [with no carriers], for $70!!! Ugh!)

Damn! That'll make FOUR vests and two LBE set-ups . . . to ALL be handed out!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]

CTD = Da Airsoft
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]
oop double tap
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

CTD = Da Airsoft

Maybe. I use mine to carry my old Point Blank vest panels and some Level III plates I bought from a returning War  journalist. It's held up pretty well for casual use.

It's pretty well made, I believe it would be fine for air-soft or 3 gun competitions.

I'm not claiming to have worn it for a year in combat conditions so I don't know how it would hold up to that.

It's been worth the money for me, and it holds all my gear. I can't find a flaw or a weak spot on it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know what kind of plate carriers they are, but it doesn't matter, they're all empty plate carriers.

OOOOPS
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Cheaper than dirt Carriers are made by Condor.

They have a pretty good reputation for decent gear that is highly affordable.

However, there are better options available for only slightly more money.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
i REALLY wished the mod for this forum would resurrect the ctd review thread from the archives and make it a sticky. it was worth reading.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Kinda off topic. In that scene where they were going to blow the bridge I was wondering why the hell they didnt just make a road side bomb before their road block? Ravenwood problem would have been over and done with.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I just love the attached PVS-14s during the middle of the day.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I just love the attached PVS-14s during the middle of the day.

On ALL of them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Not everything CTD is Condor.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey at least their finger is off the trigger and the aimpoint is on the right way., give em a break.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CTD = Da Airsoft

Maybe. I use mine to carry my old Point Blank vest panels and some Level III plates I bought from a returning War  journalist. It's held up pretty well for casual use.

It's pretty well made, I believe it would be fine for air-soft or 3 gun competitions.

I'm not claiming to have worn it for a year in combat conditions so I don't know how it would hold up to that.

It's been worth the money for me, and it holds all my gear. I can't find a flaw or a weak spot on it.

Yeah, I was being slightly tongue in cheek. They do have some decent stuff. But it seems like sometimes I look at something in the catalog that looks good, but when I go to the retail outlet and lay hands on, it's junk. Happens with stuff like holsters.

But they were the only place in town that had a Troy BUIS for a reasonable price when I needed one, they do have some quality stuff too. But it's their catalog  that commits the most sins, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hey at least their finger is off the trigger and the aimpoint is on the right way., give em a break.

Come on though how hard is it to get these things right? I mean you could take probably a guy at random here at AR15.com and they could give better advice than whoever they are using.  

Pretty damn sad.

If anyone knows the name of the "military advisor" or "gun wrangler" we should put it up and shame him.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on though how hard is it to get these things right? I mean you could take probably a guy at random here at AR15.com and they could give better advice than whoever they are using.  

Pretty damn sad.

If anyone knows the name of the "military advisor" or "gun wrangler" we should put it up and shame him.

jerichooncbs.tumblr.com/post/11027664

The military expertise on Jericho...

Hello Rangers,

It’s Loomer, your On-set Dresser, checking in again. I just wanted to thank you all for your continued support. We have been watching the message boards and participating in the chat rooms and have noticed the continued anticipation for season 2. Keep up the good work on getting new viewers and don’t forget to start laying plans to have Jericho viewing parties in your home town. I recommend places like family friendly restaurants or sports bars with plenty of big screen TV’s. I got to looking around the set the other day and noticed a crew member I thought you might be interested in knowing more about. His name is Matt Sigloch; our military and tactical technical advisor and owner of The Gunmetal Group, a company that provides trained military personal and equipment to the motion picture industry. I asked Matt a few questions and here is what he had to say.

Loomer: So tell me a little bit about your military history and how you got started in the movie industry.

Sigloch: I was in the Marine Corp. for 22 years and before I retired I had the opportunity to get in to the business as an actor and stunt man. I got my SAG (Screen Actors Guild) card and from there I asked my (military) monitor where my next tour of duty would be. I was informed that it would be Okinawa or another base in the Pacific Theatre. I decided that I didn’t really want to go back over seas and I already had my twenty years in to retire, so I decided to take my shot in the business. I started out doing extra work, which led to some roles and stunt work. Eventually I read for a role on the pilot of JAG and got the part. From then on I realized that I could use my military background and experience to further my career. I became the military and tactical technical advisor on JAG and worked there for ten years. When JAG ended I started a company called Gunmetal with my Executive Officer Jon Barton. I had met a lot of guys in the industry that were very handy with weapons, military protocol, and tactics and they were the basis for forming the company. Gunmetal travels from show to show lending our expertise and tactical abilities to bring military realism to the camera.

Loomer: Regarding Jericho, what has been your most memorable experience?

Sigloch: Last season we did a show called “Semper Fi.” In that episode we were supposed to take a bunch of guys that were not in the military and make them look like they were. The characters had stolen uniforms, equipment and a tank from real Marines. They then masqueraded as though they were the real deal. The fake Marines were actually my guys. We spent the first three acts of the show convincing the people of Jericho and the viewers that these were real Marines. That was the highlight of the show because we are the real thing, and we had the audience believing that we were the real thing it is revealed that they were imposters. It was a big challenging show and I think we really pulled it off. The guys (Gunmetal) are proud of their performances.

Loomer: What do you think has been your biggest challenge on Jericho?

Sigloch: We have had a couple of days where we have had a lot of people firing weapons that I have to watch over safety wise. We had one day where we had 75 people firing weapons and to be able to keep that set safe and not have any accidental discharges or safety problems was probably my biggest challenge.

Loomer: In your entire film industry career, what do you feel has been the most amazing thing that you have worked on?

Sigloch: That is a tough question. Most of the things we do are exciting and have a heightened level of interest. I think as a whole the time I spent on JAG is the top. We just did so many different things and I had to do so much research to ensure the proper use of uniforms, dialogue, and action that the actors were performing. We were on flight decks of aircraft carriers, we were in submarines, and we were over in Iraq. I think that that has been the most challenging thing and therefore the most rewarding.

Loomer: Can you tell me a little more about the Gunmetal Group?

Sigloch: Jon Barton and I formed the company after the ten years on JAG. Jon and I just realized that we had met a lot of service men, mostly Marines, that worked on JAG; they came in as extras already trained, skilled in their fields and ready to rock and roll. Gunmetal was formed with the thought that we could go from show to show with the proper gear, costuming, personal, and the correct tactics. When we started out the first year, it was a little slow but as with all things our name got out, our reputation preceded us and now we are working approximately 8 different TV shows, and we have 2 feature films coming up in the next few months that we have already started the training on. We are getting busy.

Loomer: Please tell me how you and the Gunmetal crew felt when you heard about the cancellation… and then pickup?

Sigloch: We were really upset; we did a lot on the show. We worked on a lot of stuff involving the military, tactical work, Ravenwood, and Camp Liberty, especially towards the end. And we really thought that the show was going to go somewhere. When we heard that it was canceled, it was a big disappointment. They (producers) had already told us that we were to start out season 2 with the military presence and »>(sorry can’t tell you that). It was a big drop off for us because Jericho was a great place to be, awesome people, great show. And then it was canceled. When the news of the pickup came we expected a call, and we got one. We are very happy to be back on Jericho.

Well Matt, I speak for all of us at Jericho when I say we are happy to have you and the Gunmetal crew back. The realism that these guys bring to the show really makes the difference.
Well Rangers, that’s enough for now. We’ll keep checking in on the CBS/ Jericho chat room when we can and continue to happily make the show you fought so hard to keep. Goodbye for now. Fight On!

Posted by: Loomer, Jericho/On-Set Dresser

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

blogs.chron.com/tubular/archives/ravenwood.jpg

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/MOLLE-134.jpg

CXS

I'm not trying to be argumentative (because I really don't care  ) But what do you base that on ? It looks the same to me. It also figures that a production company would get lowest bidder equipment.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/MOLLE-134.jpg

CXS

I'm not trying to be argumentative (because I really don't care  ) But what do you base that on ? It looks the same to me. It also figures that a production company would get lowest bidder equipment.

Upon further inspection.
I do beleive it is..
I zoomed in the picture to notice more detail.
I can now the the hook and loop on the chest, that was my main argument.
and again, I noticed more things..

The drop leg from CTD.

The drop leg pouch is a Modular platform with pouch malice'd on.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Someone deserves to be bitch-slapped for that scene in the season one finale where they fired the home-made mortar round through the Abrams gun.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone deserves to be bitch-slapped for that scene in the season one finale where they fired the home-made mortar round through the Abrams gun.

Matt Sigloch; our military and tactical technical advisor and owner of The Gunmetal Group, a company that provides trained military personal and equipment to the motion picture industry.

As I quoted 4 posts up..

CXS
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Upon further inspection.
I do beleive it is..

The heck with Navy SEALS, CTD is the official outfitter for RAVENWOOD !

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Upon further inspection.
I do beleive it is..

The heck with Navy SEALS, CTD is the official outfitter for RAVENWOOD !

Well when your so bad ass you use Night Vision during the day and dont need plates in your carrier you can get away with using CTD as your outfitter, cause your so bad ass it makes the gear bad ass....

CXS
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#28]
The plate carriers have armor in them when you get them. Unfortunately it's anti-airsoft rated closed cell foam.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt Sigloch; our military and tactical technical advisor and owner of The Gunmetal Group, a company that provides trained military personal and equipment to the motion picture industry.

As I quoted 4 posts up..

CXS

gunmetalgroup.com/Html/sigloch.html
Matt's site and bio.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Is it me or is the night vision scope, mounted too far back? Doesn't look like he can shoulder the gun to use it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Is it me or is the night vision scope, mounted too far back? Doesn't look like he can shoulder the gun to use it.

Too far back and too high-up as well.  

It looks bad.

Although the worse was the Marines for the new America faction are wearing old black leather boots with their MARPAT and a mix of junk plate carriers.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Ding ding

its a TV show and you guys are playing *joan rivers on the red carpet* over the accessory usage and CTD/MSP plate carriers used by faux contractors and military members

back on track folks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top