Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2013 11:49:21 AM EDT
Hey all. I have a question about refinishing some pistol mags. I noticed some of my parkerized Beretta mags are showing slight surface rust. I was thinking of degreasing them and using a can of Aervoe spray paint to refinish them or should I just use a blueing solution? Any help is appreciated thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would sand or steel wool the surface rust off, degrease, and hit it with your Aervoe.

Haven't used Aervoe on mags so I'm not sure how well it'd hold up to the friction of being inserted and dropped all the time. But I've used Norrells on magazines with good results.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I will look into Norells. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine had a dozen Beretta magazines in the leaky trunk of his car.  They were badly rusted and he was going to pitch them.  I saved them from the dumpster.  Sanded them down and cold blued them.  They worked perfectly.  Just my experience.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Were the mags parkerized? Most of the mags that have surface rust are parkerized.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Could have been.  It was many years ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had great experience with CCR's cera-plate...

Have two sets for my PX4s (one 9mm, one .45), M&P40 and M&P40 Compact, and my LCP magazines done in it. I even had my M1 Garand clips done. Really makes the magazines easier to insert/release in the gun. It also makes cleaning A LOT easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top