Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2014 4:46:27 PM EDT
Purchased from http://www.fernwoodarmory.com
Manufacturer www.jamesriverarmory.com
$1188.25 shipped to my dealer
Seems to be very well put together. No rattles, nothing loose. Overall very nice.
Once I can get to the range there will be actual review and more pictures.

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  Did they inherit the Roc-Ola machinery or something?
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

IIRC they just purchased the rights to the name.

ETA:
Looks nice for a late/postwar carbine. I kinda wish they offered an earlier version with the flip-sight, pushbutton safety and no bayonet lug (maybe even high-wood and/or I-cut stock), but if they're making good-quality repop M1 Carbines, that's a start.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Today I am going to break it down to clean. I will try to get pictures of the GI parts in the carbine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ETA:
Looks nice for a late/postwar carbine. I kinda wish they offered an earlier version with the flip-sight, pushbutton safety and no bayonet lug (maybe even high-wood and/or I-cut stock), but if they're making good-quality repop M1 Carbines, that's a start.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

How did they purchase the rights to the name if the company is still in business?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, broke down and cleaned.
With the exception of the first two pics a little help identifying parts would be nice!

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How did they purchase the rights to the name if the company is still in business?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

They pay a license fee.  Rockola isn't making firearms, just like Colt isn't making knives or zinc-plated ammo.  They license the rights to use their name to another company:

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
looks awesome. I want one! Can't wait to get a range report
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
This weekend we are finally get some warmer weather with rain. It should melt the snow and ice. If so I'll be at the range next week!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet.  Got get my babies out of the safe and get some lead down range!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
nice looking rifle !!!

I hope they make a non bayonet model and move out of Md.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Update? Range report?!

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#12]
It will come eventually. The weather in Pittsburgh has been horrible all winter. My range is a little tough to get to with snow, even with 4x4.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I have owned that gun from them for couple years now and i love it very accurate and smooth  A pleasure to shoot
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry folks no review coming, had to put up for sale due to some serious medical conditions.
It's listed in rifle section of equipment exchange now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#15]
delete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top