Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:28:23 AM EDT
Probably paid a bit much but it had an excellent BBL with a TE of 2 and a ME of 1.5. 1623xxx receiver and SA 8-44 BBL. All SA parts. Had to have been redone as the Receiver dates to 5-43 but it was in very nice shape with excellent wood, and little park wear except on the edges. One of the nicer Garands I have seen around here as far as the BBL goes. Most unfortunately look like sewer pipes and I would not save any money after rebarrelling it. Guy I bought it from said he bought it 10 years ago or so and it was a select grade [does that sound right?]. He said he has shot it but he was getting a .308 Garand BBL installed on another one and wanted to buy a Les Baer also, and the wife said he had to sell something. Well see how she shoots next time out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
It sounds like you have a decent shooter. I am glad that I am not married. But I am glad that so many fellas are. It keeps the good stuff circulating. "My wife says I have to sell "whatever." Man, I am certainly not cut out for "wedded bliss."
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:08:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Maddogkiller:
It sounds like you have a decent shooter. I am glad that I am not married. But I am glad that so many fellas are. It keeps the good stuff circulating. "My wife says I have to sell "whatever." Man, I am certainly not cut out for "wedded bliss."

You just have to find the right woman. Mine gave me a mint HRA Garand for Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:12:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Maddogkiller:

My wife bought me a USP Compact .40 for my birthday.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:23:51 AM EDT
Lots of good woman out there. You just need to pick the flower out of the chaff in the field. Mine wanted a SAA for the 10th wedding anniversary, and has never said a word about me buying guns. If I sell one it's because I don't like it, I found a better example, or it was not a halfway decent shooter.
Top Top