Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 8:08:17 AM EDT
How can companies sell these rifles with no paper work? it looks like you get all the parts and someone could just put it together? am I missing something?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
1991greg,

You get all the parts EXCEPT for the one that is considered the gun itself.  With an AR, the part that has the serial number on it is considered the gun and has to be purchased from an ffl.  This part is the lower receiver on the AR15.  The other stuff can be purchased anyplace because it is just machined parts.  I link on the FN FAL, the part that is the gun  is the upper receiver.

You can look at it this way.  If you have a 20" metal tube, is it a gun?  A bin full of parts isn't a firearm.  Only the part that makes it all work is considered a firearm.  I found it confusing that a RDIAS was considered a machine gun, yet it is just one little tiny part.  You can put it in an AR15 and have a registered machine gun...but the machine gun is the RDIAS.  The AR15 is just a bunch of parts.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No lower reciever, which is the part with the serial number and is considered the actual firearm.

Wasn't that simple?

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
No offense 1911,
but after 708 posts you havent run accross something about parts kits on here or looked in SGN?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]
As the previous posts have mentioned, it's the lower receiver that you've got to purchase separately.  Once you've purchase a nice AR-15 lower receiver for yourself, you had ought to check out Sherluk Enterprises, out of the Toledo, Ohio area.  They've got the cheapest kits that I've found and use high quality parts as well.  They've got a web-site that posts their prices, even though it's not much of a site to look at.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As the previous posts have mentioned, it's the lower receiver that you've got to purchase separately.  Once you've purchase a nice AR-15 lower receiver for yourself, you had ought to check out Sherluk Enterprises, out of the Toledo, Ohio area.  They've got the cheapest kits that I've found and use high quality parts as well.  They've got a web-site that posts their prices, even though it's not much of a site to look at.

Do you have a website?Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#6]
www.sherluk.com/

They have a lot of different upper configurations they don't list on the web site.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
so if I found a UZI lower I could buy it and put together the whole gun?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
so if I found a UZI lower I could buy it and put together the whole gun?

If it was in legal configuration (post-ban), Yes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top