Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2002 1:38:30 AM EDT
I have a M1 Carbine I want to repark, but I don't know which kit to get.
Who has experience with these kits?
Is one brand better than another?
Any info would be a big help.
Thanks
Allegheny Arsenal
www.mg34.com/Parkerizing.html
Adventec Company
www.adventec.com
Shooter's Solution
www.shootersolutions.com/parkerizing.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used Brownells Manganese Phosphate Kit with really good results. Im sure the kits you mentioned are the same, but I do not have experience with them. Here is Brownells stock numbers for referenece:

082-200-016
081-021-104
082-201-100
076-200-482

These stock numbers will get ya started. Good luck on your project. It was a blast to see my parts come out of the bath with a perfect flat black finish on them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Flashbang!! Nice name! We had a park and build a few weeks ago and had about a dozen guys from the FALfiles attent. We used the Shootersolution Kit (manganese) We had great results The parts came out beautifully. The kist supplys a prewash treatment,park solution and post treatment. Great products but you need to order well in advance because it needs to be shipped by ground because of ORMD
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If you only have one gun to do, why bother buying a whole kit. Contact Dean at www.dgrguns.com,He specializes in re-finishing U.S.Military rifles.Hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys,
I think I will go with ShootersSolution kit.
The stainless dip tank is $140.00 from Brownells. I have some guy working on one for me at work. If he comes through with the tank I will order the kit. I just refuse to pay $140.00 for a stainless steel rectangle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top