Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 9:25:10 PM EDT
I need information or live experience about LDA,Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you need to know about it??
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I dry fired one.  Very interesting trigger pull: light pull to cock the hammer and a bit heaver pull to fire.  Kinda like shooting a heavy two stage trigger.  If ya gotta go double action, it sure felt better than any other double action trigger I've tried.  Other than that my P.O. P12 as been reliable as stone, so I think the quality is there as well.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Only shot it a couple times, but the LDA has an unbelievably light trigger for a double-action. Not at all what I'm used to. Went to the local indoor range with an old high school buddy and an associate of his from Toronto (who's a former IPSC shooter), and the Canadian was very impressed with the range rental LDA. Made him consider heading down the road to visit P-O when he got home. If I didn't already have a few 1911s, would definitely consider the P-O LDA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my P-12 it is very reliable and accurate but why do you want a double action just get the single action gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like my P-12LDA. Trigger is very smooth and light. It's accurate and reliable. For those who are either uncomfortable with cocked and locked or prohibited from that mode of carry, the LDA is a viable alternative to the traditional 1911. I own both types.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
All I want to know about Para LDA is how accuret? How reliable ? which model and barrel length? when you compare with Kimber quality wise What you guys think about it.Thanks for the responds.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not handled or shot a LDA. I use to have a P12 that I absolutely loved. I would never use anything but a single-action and this LDA just doesn't make sense to me. TO me it seems that the only reason PO developed the LDA was to appease the Law Enforcement Agencies that require a DA. I prefer my guns as simple as possible and this doesn't seem like a simple solution to the DA problem. Make about as much sense as a bolt action AR-15...
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:15:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the LDA14.45 and love it. It is very accuret and reliable I have had no problems at all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 7-45 LDA. Only about 1000 rds., but very accurate and totally reliable. The fit and finish don't seem quite equal to my Kimber Custom Classic, but is still very good. The fit between the frame and the beaver tail grip safety could be a bit better and the finish on the frame seems to be kind of thin. This is my CCW, and while I don't have a problem with single action autos, I don't see any reason to give some hotshot lawyer something to try to hang me with when such a good pistol is available. Love mine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
i have a P-10 and love it.

I just traded my Kimber Pro carry for the new Para C6.45s 3in BBL great D/A trigger its my new CCW.

Kimber seems to be better in their High end models than Para, but i like the Para Carry
better than the comparable Kimber
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top