Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 1:22:45 AM EDT
I am thinking of acquiring this pistol in 40 S&W.It comes with 3 high-capacity mags. Anyone know anything about the quality of this firearm?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am thinking of acquiring this pistol in 40 S&W.It comes with 3 high-capacity mags. Anyone know anything about the quality of this firearm?
Thanks!

I've got a P1445 stainless with about 4,000 rounds through it. The only time it ever malfunctioned was when I tried aftermarket "Mec-Gar" mags. It's accurate as heck, and I really enjoy having 14+1 rounds at the ready when shooting bowling pin matches (casual type). I recommend P.O.
Some here that have used them for competition have had problems with the barrel bushings, but they shoot a lot more than the average Joe. In my experience, Para-Ordnance is as good as a "factory" gun gets these days.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 1:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a P16 Signature series.

ITs ok.

I think kimber would be a better purchase.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently purchased a stainless 7.45 LDA and I like it but......

The sights were difficult as hell to get right due to the front dovetail being cut off-center slightly.  When I "looked" like it was centered in the cuts, It shot about 2" right at 12 yards.  Now it is correctly placed, but visually it looks a bit off.  For the premium on these, I'd expect better.

I also noticed that the slide really needs some work with a file and or dremel due to alot of flash metal left over on high spots from the machining process.  Little details like this should have been addressed at the factory IMHO on a pistol that retails for around $750 (it has the night sites and ambi safety installed as well).

On the plus side, it is accurate and reliable as hell.  I love that LDA trigger, and especially appreciate being able to carry a 1911 on duty at last.  It's the only pistol that naturally "feels" right in my hand.

Saleen
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the P13-45 Limited, and I really like it. My biggest beef with the gun is the HUGE rear sight blade was just killing my kidney (and my clothes). Local gunsmith resolved that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine let me shoot his modified P1640.
I liked it so much that I went out and bought a stainless limited one.
I got one gripe about mine.It came frome the factory shooting 3" high at 15 yards.
I called them and they sent out a taller front sight.Now it shoots about an 1 1/2" high.
Needless to say I'm going to have to get this fixed.
Other than that it is a nice gun, damn accurate,and it has not jammed or ftf in 800 rounds.
The overall finish on it is good,not outstanding but good non the less.
I would have never guessed that a new gun (especially a limited one) with adjustable sights would shoot 3" high.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody seen any of the P14 high cap mags at good prices recently?  One Eyed Jack is asking $99, but that seems high.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Honest opinion? Ok here goes... PO is junk compared to some of the 1911's on the market. Their basic slide/frame is a starting point to build a decent gun on. If you do get one I'd suggest a 45. The 40 is a intense round and Para 40's have been known to break barrel links due to overcut frame barrel channels. Seen it first hand. I've got a P14 limited right now and the barrel fitting ( not the frame channel in this case) is LOUSY but it should hold up OK being a 45. I'm probably going to sell it though. If not, it will get a complete rebuild.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody seen any of the P14 high cap mags at good prices recently?  One Eyed Jack is asking $99, but that seems high.

I see them on Gunbroker.com pretty often for around $60 each (new).
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a P12 limited ands its awesome very reliable feeds all sorts of crazy reloads that I make and it is very accurate, nice sights nice feel for me sometimes I think I can shoot it better than my full size gov model which is wierd.

go with the .45 auto
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Why not patronize this site's sponsors.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=112097
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my P13-.45. My only complaint is that while www.LTMS.com will sell me a rteplacement .45 barrel and a .45 slide, they won't sell me a replacement barrel P15-.40 slide and barrel. The frames are identical. If you get the .40, just buy a .45 slide and barrel and you can have two guns on one frame. Mags are easy to get as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top