Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2004 3:49:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 3:55:37 AM EST by stimpy117]
I hope you can help me. I have a papoose that must be a post ban because it has a lug in the mag well which keeps me from putting a hi-cap mag in. The older guns don't have this lug and so you can't slam a 25 rounder in the gun and kill some cans.

So my question is this; Can I remove this lug? The only mags that will work are the "new" style that have a slot cut into one side, 7 shot only-yawn!!!!!!

Thanks!

PS, anyone know where to get hi-cap mags for the Papoose?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:06:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 4:07:21 AM EST by SHIPSNIPE1]
Does the slot in the mag affect function?
Can you use a slotted mag in a non-lugged receiver?
If not why not slot your mags?
Even during the ban this wouldn't have been considered manufacturing a new hi-cap if they still would have worked in the original gun they were designed for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:04:54 PM EST
I have one also. Does yours have "last shot bolt hold open"? Mine does not, but I notice the new ones do. I bet that is all that is for. You could ether cut it off, or modify the mags. The new no-ban mags will probably be made to work the new guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:42:01 PM EST
Well I cut off the lug and the oldest hi-cap still doesn't fit but the other non-slotted mag that didn't fit before now does. Still don't know if one of the plastic hi-caps will work. I think I'll either buy a new one or look for the pre-ban hi-caps. Geez!
Top Top