Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 4:49:24 AM EDT
I hope you can help me. I have a papoose that must be a post ban because it has a lug in the mag well which keeps me from putting a hi-cap mag in. The older guns don't have this lug and so you can't slam a 25 rounder in the gun and kill some cans.

So my question is this; Can I remove this lug? The only mags that will work are the "new" style that have a slot cut into one side, 7 shot only-yawn!!!!!!

Thanks!

PS, anyone know where to get hi-cap mags for the Papoose?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the slot in the mag affect function?
Can you use a slotted mag in a non-lugged receiver?  
If not why not slot your mags?  
Even during the ban this wouldn't have been considered manufacturing a new hi-cap if they still would have worked in the original gun they were designed for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one also. Does yours have "last shot bolt hold open"? Mine does not, but I notice the new ones do. I bet that is all that is for. You could ether cut it off, or modify the mags. The new no-ban mags will probably be made to work the new guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I cut off the lug and the oldest hi-cap still doesn't fit but the other non-slotted mag that didn't fit before now does. Still don't know if one of the plastic hi-caps will work. I think I'll either buy a new one or look for the pre-ban hi-caps. Geez!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top