Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:04:11 PM EDT
How do you like them? Probably dont shoot them much because of ammo prices. Just wanted to get some feedback on these new guns. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it alot, if you shoot the ss196 out of it, you don't need hearing protection, very little noise and flat shooting out to 200 yards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How do you like them? Probably dont shoot them much because of ammo prices. Just wanted to get some feedback on these new guns. Thanks

Ehh, I've got a few k rounds stocked up, my limitation is time, not ammo.
It's alot of fun to shoot.
50 round mags are a blast, and make everyone else look.
Very very easy to keep on target.
Factory sight must go.  Havn't found a good replacment yet, even adding a ilumination LED would make the sight *far* better.
It can jam, had 2 so far in about 2k rnds.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Factory site is pure, unadulterated JUNK!  I replaced the site with an airsoft mount that I milled to fit the PS90 and then mounted a Hakko BED35 on it.  Before anyone asks the mount is made from good quality aluminum and has held zero through 250 rounds.  Also, the rifle balances perfectly even with the 16" bbl.  Not much more to say other than GO GET ONE!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ehh, I've got a few k rounds stocked up, my limitation is time, not ammo.
It's alot of fun to shoot.
50 round mags are a blast, and make everyone else look.
Very very easy to keep on target.
Factory sight must go.  Havn't found a good replacment yet, even adding a ilumination LED would make the sight *far* better.
It can jam, had 2 so far in about 2k rnds.

FTF? or FTE or what. and thanks guys for the feedback
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Factory site is pure, unadulterated JUNK!  I replaced the site with an airsoft mount that I milled to fit the PS90 and then mounted a Hakko BED35 on it.  Before anyone asks the mount is made from good quality aluminum and has held zero through 250 rounds.  Also, the rifle balances perfectly even with the 16" bbl.  Not much more to say other than GO GET ONE!

Pictures!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Pictures!

I second the motion, I wana see pics of the one guys PS90 which he added the milled airsoft right to his gun
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Agree, the factory sight is pure crap. I wanna see some pics of your setup.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
There needs to be more pics!

Id get one but they are so expensive. Ill wait a while for other companies to make cheaper 5.7 ammo and for them to cost less. Until then I will have to stick to shoting the one they give you in Black.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree, the factory sight is pure crap. I wanna see some pics of your setup.

I don't understand why the sights are crap. from then info i have seen they seem cool. why are they no good?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I personally like the sights, just place target in the sight (not the faint ring or dot, the whole sight) and you can't miss, the dot is good for more precise work.

BTW, the best part of the PS90 is with SS196 ammo, there is so little noise, you don't need hearing protection, and even with its low velocity is pretty flat out to 200. Trigger is very good for a bullpup, sorta like an aug but with a crisper break point.

Down side- reciever looks like it was cast poorly, ammo cost.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine will be in next week. I will be doing pictures and all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I actually grew attached to the stock sight. It's not the perfect sight but that is why it has iron sights on the side... I boresighted the PS90 at 50yd and 100yd - surprisingly the iron sights coincide with the reflex sight almost perfectly (no windage deviation for some odd reason).

Also when you take the PS90 outside, there's more ambient light to work with the fiber optic collector. Sometimes you will get light reflecting from the back of the sight (night sight fiber optic) which causes the "T" to appear white, which also helps you aim.

I believe FN's intention with the dim tritium night sight is for total night operation. Meaning that when you're conducting night operations, the dim tritium sight will probably appear fairly bright since your eyes are well adjusted to the darkness. again, it's not perfect but it doesn't require batteries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top