Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2015 9:28:44 PM EDT
been eyeing the knife for a while after reading some good reviews. DVOR had it today and I had $25 in credit so I got it shipped for less than $50. Only problem is now I'm reading bad reviews and second guessing myself.   How did I do?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 and love them. They are sharp as hell out of the box. I've used mine to split wood and other camping duties. As long as you don't whack the handle while trying to baton with it it works great. The only thing that has happened to mine is the handle is slightly loose, but it is hardly noticeable. You got a good deal on it. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say you did good.  It's a Gerber, but its a pretty darn good Gerber.  I haven't really read any bad reviews about it, beside people saying they don't like the serrations on it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]

The only real issues I've read about is people beating on the handle while trying to baton and cracking the handle and the other issue is the handle and blade rattling. As long as you don't abuse it and use common sense it's a great knife, but there will always be haters.  They have a good feel and weight to them.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the Prodigy a little better,
but for $50 on the LMF, that's
a great deal on a great knife.

Use it & enjoy it. After all,
it's only $50!

Later!

John

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:55:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the Prodigy a little better,
but for $50 on the LMF, that's
a great deal on a great knife.

Use it & enjoy it. After all,
it's only $50!

Later!

John

View Quote

I  am sure it will serve you well it's a good starter blade. I will say the sheath system is very versatile.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
From rumors going around...the Newest Bear Grylls {gen-3} Knife and the LMF are exactly the same..except one has the BG print on one.
I got mine for about $30ish....{The BG one} and to tell you..I got it as a trash/truck knife...and it has held up fine...I actually like it,.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say you did good.  It's a Gerber, but its a pretty darn good Gerber.  I haven't really read any bad reviews about it, beside people saying they don't like the serrations on it.
View Quote

Not full tang.  The reason that it's not full tang presents no value to me (non-conductive).  If it lacked the serrations and was full tang....I'd say gerber had a winner.  Those things being mandatory kill it for me.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top