Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 8:51:32 PM EDT
i am new to the world of ARs, and ive been researching a lot for my first AR purchase.  The plastic lowered rifles that Cav arms makes look nice.

Anybody have one?

how do they compare to normal ARs?

are they any lighter?

are they as strong?

help me out here.

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with them, but he's (GARRYOWEN, runs CAV Arms) got a reputation on this board that can't be beat, both for customer service, and product quality.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 of them and both are super nice rigs!  

I highly recommend them as the quality and service can not be beat (guaranteed for life from guys who care about their product).

Light?  Yes.

Strong?  Yes, Enough to drive a truck (Humvee?) over and still function.

Cool/Unorthodox?  Damn straight!

I'll post pics when I get my AR15.com photosharing account rolling soon.

GS.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Cav lowers are among the finest I have ever handled and they feel awesome on a M4 style upper which is the configuration that I was lucky enough to play with at the range. As far as strenght is concerned, one of our members answered that question when he repeatedly ran over a new Cav lower with his truck and then posted pics of it all! the lower is very light and very strong, plus you can get them in OD green and other colors which look very slick.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]

thanks everyone, that answers a lot of my questions...

now i need to decide what color...

tan would be cool... so would green...

damn, they all look cool.

tough decision.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top